man-trans l.l.c. ?

stiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
has anyone heard of this company 'man-trans l.l.c.'? i'm looking to do the t-19 swap to a zf5. this company gave me a price of 2000.00 to my door, for a zf5 remanufactured with no core. what do you think? one other thing, i called luk, they were no help. the tech guy didn't seem to understand the swap. and just told me that they didn't have anything for that swap. whats that about? this is for my signature truck.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've never heard of them, but that doesn't mean anything...but $2000 for a complete rebuilt tranny doesn't seem too bad.

Regarding LuK...the 6.9l and the 7.3l flywheels mount the same way. They should have a solid flywheel kit available for the 7.3l; just buy that (and lie to them and say you have a '91 truck...at least that's what I did :angel: ). I would suggest the Kevlar pilot bushing. You can get the whole kit at Dial-A-Clutch; I think I paid about $600 for my clutch kit and for a new shift fork (the T-19 fork won't work with a ZF; the throwout bearing on a ZF is larger).

If you have a 4x4, you'll almost definitely need a new crossmember...I'm not certain on a 2 wheel drive if you do or not. I assume you already have a floor pan insert?

Hope this helps a bit...good luck!

Exekiel69

Reaction score
I have seen rebuild zf-5 with warranty at evilbay for as low as $1050 for a 4x2.

82fordtruck

Reaction score
Exekiel69 said:
I have seen rebuild zf-5 with warranty at evilbay for as low as $1050 for a 4x2.

and you can get used ones for half that yet. PM me if interested.

Mr_Roboto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most of the manufacturers aren't interested in aftermarket swaps. They would end up walking a customer through the whole thing... And time is money.

I do it all the time, tell them the vehicle that you want a part for, not what you want to put it in.