Making progress on the truck need advice on brake lines

fx4wannabe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well today I got the springs in and the steering hooked up. Next is putting on the extended brake lines. What is the best way to go about it? Wasn't sure if I should do them one at a time and bleed as I go or just change them all at once. My brake fluid is nasty so going to change it while I'm at it.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let it gravity bleed itself while you work on it, meaning hook the hose to the steel line and then wait till fluid comes out the other end before you tighten it on the caliper. Same with the rear hose, wait till you see fluid coming out before you tighten the fittings for the on-axle lines. Important thing is to not run the master dry, then you gotta bench bleed it and you gotta fight the RABS too. After all connections are tight proceed to normal bleeding procedure, where you can probably just skip the RABS w/o any ill effects since it never got air in it.

fx4wannabe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That makes sense. Never heard it called RABS before. So looking forward to driving this thing. Its been on blocks since
April. Hopefully she starts.

wjamesm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just replaced all the metal lines on my superduty . i just did as described above . filled the master cylinder to the top and waited for fluid to start coming out the lines and then bolted the lines to the caliper . then with the help of my buddy did the bleeding sequence . start with the furtherest caliper away from the master cylinder , right rear , left rear , right front and then left front .

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
I use my vacuum pump to siphon the old fluid out of the MC, before pouring in fresh brake fluid. Makes the job much quicker.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
REM70

Staff online