Mahle pistons for the 7.3 OEM Turbo

rwilles

Reaction score
As the new head gaskets seem to be resolving, was wondering if anyone new a better price on the Mahle pistons.

I got this quote from EPP:

The piston kits with rings are available for $91.37 ea. The manufacturer show stock in 2 warehouses.

Thanks!

Bob

Bob Everett

Endurance Power Products

6200 Arbor Road

Lincoln, NE 68517

(402)467-5500 (800)467-5545

http://endurancepower.com/v2/#main

The heavy duty solution to your diesel engine needs!

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got my Mahle piston set with wrist pins, rings, and clips for $550. Have you tried contacting a different Mahle dealer?

Heath

rwilles

Reaction score
just starting.. Was that recently? If so who? My price was just for pistons and rings.

wanabebig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i'm getting the same pistons as Heath from a dealer close by me, and their quote was the same as Heath said. $550 for pistons and rings, pins, and clips.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought them in November if I remember correctly. Just put them in the block last weekend. I got them from REPUBLIC DIESEL in Louisville, KY 1-800-292-5565. It was cheaper for them to ship them to me than to drive there and pick them up. With tax and shipping, the grand total was around $600.

Again, that was for everything listed in the above post.

Heath

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Guys... Your talking apples and oranges here. This question is for turbo pistons for the turbo 7.3 engine. Not a 6.9 engine. Big differance there.. Actually nodody will sell just a piston and rings. I'm sure the quote was for a complete ready to install piston. Just because they didn't tell you the pin was included does not mean its not part of the quote. Try Diesel Direct in Florida. About 5 years ago I got all my parts from them. Back then the turbo pistons were around $600.00 shipped. They had turbo rods for $42.00 each and no core charge either. Calling around is whats going to work for you. Mahle was the oem piston for all the idi engines too. They offer a reduced compression piston too in the 7.3 and 7.3 turbo engines. Give promar a call in NJ. See if they have a fair price on pistons.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
At one time they were available but there was not enough demand so Mahle dropped them...:cry: