Made It Home... Finally!

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got the 4 speed manual I have no idea what type tranny that is? got ne idears?

Unless its been swapped it will be the borg warner T-19. The toughest of them all. You don't have that dual mass flywheel to worry about with the ZF and the case is cast iron. All the other transmissions found behind the ford IDIs had aluminum cases. Only drawback is no overdrive top gear.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes its called a Gearvendors or US Gear overdrive. ;Sweet

k_williams1982

'01 Excursion 4x4
Reaction score
Normally the vacuum modulation for the C6 is quite precise and smooth. The vacuum systems for the transmission itself never gave me any problems. It was the damn alternator belt that always let me down.

Without the vacuum pump working, it would rev higher than "normal" and shift hard grabbing the next gear. It would also "drop" gears and keep the rpms high when I was driving. :dunno

Was this the mental image you had?

Pretty much! :puke:

I'll never be able to eat cottage cheese ever again....:puke::flipa;Poke

I won't be able to eat ANYTHING tonight. I'll most likely wake up from a dead sleep screaming now. LOL

Last edited:

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I won't be able to eat ANYTHING tonight. I'll most likely wake up from a dead sleep screaming now. LOL

Wonder how you would explain that to your better half.

And yeah, Compu Doc, Still not much appetite today. Maybe this is the next atkins diet. Just show some one that image everytime they feel like eating. Problem solved.....

My problem is I don't need a diet!:rotflmao

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bradz

Members online