mad ecm & antistall

damncountryboy

Hillbilly delux
Reaction score
I know the mad ecm can be somewhat customized, such as timing and boost levels, but is there anyway it can be programed to disable the antistall, it would be helpfull with a grabby clutch just wonderin if anybody has thought or knows anything about it

thanks DCB

holtzer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not that i know of, but you can install a rev box on top of the mad ecm.

MCummings

Reaction score
My ECM I guess has the antistall in it... It lugs down really easy. In 1st gear, going up a curb, the truck will stall.

The best thing to do with a grabby clutch is to treat it like a gasser. Rev it up to 1,500 and while you are letting the clutch out, let the RPM fall down to idle so that the truck approaches idle just as the clutch fully engages.

Takes practice.

Merrick

Hohn

Reaction score
damncountryboy said:
I know the mad ecm can be somewhat customized, such as timing and boost levels, but is there anyway it can be programed to disable the antistall, it would be helpfull with a grabby clutch just wonderin if anybody has thought or knows anything about it

thanks DCB

There's only two versions of the ECM as far as basic programming goes. All other variables are just to account for year and trans of truck, and emissions stuff, etc so it will work on a particular app.

No custom ECMs as of yet. I'm giving Marco my inputs though on how he can improve it.