mad as hell

alienturtle

Human
Reaction score
might be interested in the tires and the lift..what are you looking to get for those. im willing to come pull it all off and even give you my old stock stuff so you can roll it around. let me know thanks..

JPR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sorry to see that. i've heard of a few idis catching fire but i dont know which component causes it.

There was an ignition switch recall for 91s back in the day for similar type fires, ie truck parked and catching fire in the middle of the night. If you were really unlucky, the truck was parked in the garage at the time.

burtcheca

farmer/cabinetmaker
Reaction score
prunedale idi,

I'm very sorry with your lost. Maybe the purchase of some of the parts by OB fellow members can help you put some money together so you can get another truck. I don't have any use for what is left but I do have two things I would like to say to you:
1. I have learn this by experience. Even the bad things that happen to us can be turned into blessings, for those that love the Lord. I'm nobody to suggest or to counsel you anything but as a friend you still don't know I would like to say to you: Do not let anger or desperation rule your thoughts, pray and thank our God even for the things you think are bad to you. You don't know if you were going to be involved in some kind of crazy accident with that truck and the fire avoid it. There is much more going on around us that what we can see.
and 2. I don't know if it's against any rules here but I would like to start with $50 a fund raising event to help you get another truck. PM me to give me your address so I can send you a check or money order. Maybe others can join me in this effort, I'm sorry I can only give you $50, that's a lot of money in our case but I'm sure the Lord is going to multiply that amount and what is more important, let Him turn this unfortunate thing in your life into a closer relationship with your Saviour.

Your friend Burt.

DragRag

Reaction score
prunedale idi,

I'm very sorry with your lost. Maybe the purchase of some of the parts by OB fellow members can help you put some money together so you can get another truck. I don't have any use for what is left but I do have two things I would like to say to you:
1. I have learn this by experience. Even the bad things that happen to us can be turned into blessings, for those that love the Lord. I'm nobody to suggest or to counsel you anything but as a friend you still don't know I would like to say to you: Do not let anger or desperation rule your thoughts, pray and thank our God even for the things you think are bad to you. You don't know if you were going to be involved in some kind of crazy accident with that truck and the fire avoid it. There is much more going on around us that what we can see.
and 2. I don't know if it's against any rules here but I would like to start with $50 a fund raising event to help you get another truck. PM me to give me your address so I can send you a check or money order. Maybe others can join me in this effort, I'm sorry I can only give you $50, that's a lot of money in our case but I'm sure the Lord is going to multiply that amount and what is more important, let Him turn this unfortunate thing in your life into a closer relationship with your Saviour.

Your friend Burt.

This could be his new truck, I have his old one, and could just maybe have his new one at my house to?!?!?! He looked at it when the old one landed at my house. Has two more doors then his old one, scratch that, make that four more doors then his old one. :eek:LOL His old truck vandalized, it was the cruise brake switch or an electrical fire at all, it was set by a drunk pissed off party crasher. Any sob that pulls this kind of crap needs there finger nails pulled.

You must be registered for see images attach

burtcheca

farmer/cabinetmaker
Reaction score
The Lord our God will reward you for your kindness. Is that truck you are going to give to prunedale idi running? Maybe the funds can be used to fix something in case it's not working fine. Please let us know so those able to help can send something to you or prunedale idi.

Thanks,

Burt.

DragRag

Reaction score
Unfortunately I can't give it, but it could be his as stated above. I just paid for it a couple weeks ago. I am helping him out in other ways though.

burtcheca

farmer/cabinetmaker
Reaction score
DragRag,

I don't see anything wrong with paying you what you think is fair for that truck. Actually we have the possibility to bless two persons of our forum with the same amount of money.

Again, I hope I'm not breaking any rule or regulation for asking other fellow OB members to consider helping prunedale idi in this unfortunate event. You can PM Agnem or the other administrators about this and share with them if you think my proposition is a good idea. You are a better judge than me because you are right there and can see all the situation.

Burt.

alienturtle

Human
Reaction score
i just did a cummins swap and i have lots of 7.3 IDI parts left.. If you guys want anything Im here in CA and will actually be headed to DragRags here shortly. Let me know guys. Im willing to help anyone out i can..What comes around goes around.

DragRag

Reaction score
Every piece of of drive train is now gone from this truck, the cab is free from the frame. The bed is the only sheet metal left on it. All the drive train is waiting for another rig to go in at this point. Thanks for the labor swap alienturtle. Surprisingly the trans did not get hot at all, the wires over the top of it are in tact and un-melted, and the fluid looks good. I think I have a good engine, trans and transfer case on my hands. Looks like the made it through OK to, spins free. The air box only was damaged on the turbo it looks like less rubber hoses/lines of course. Pretty happy about the whole thing really. As you can see in the pic it is mostly disassembled at this point.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7