Machine Shop California

Shaker Breaker

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry in advance if this info is already posted . I searched but found nothing . I'm looking for a machine shop in Southern California that does great work on idi's . My gasser machinist doesn't want to mess with it . Thank You !

Fozz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in Ventura County and used Speedys Automotive Machine Shop in Oxnard. They were recommended by my Napa guys (he does a lot of Napa's machining).

Not sure where in SoCal you are, if that would work for you.

Shaker Breaker

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm in Ventura County and used Speedys Automotive Machine Shop in Oxnard. They were recommended by my Napa guys (he does a lot of Napa's machining).

Not sure where in SoCal you are, if that would work for you.
I'm in Burbank but I don't mind driving to Oxnard if the shop is good .

Shaker Breaker

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't recommended any shops in my area. All hacks.
Dangit ! This is why I posted the question... seems like we've got a "situation" on our hands here in so cal . Hopefully someone in the region will see this and chime in with some good news .

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dangit ! This is why I posted the question... seems like we've got a "situation" on our hands here in so cal . Hopefully someone in the region will see this and chime in with some good news .
We sent a flywheel to napa to be ground. They somehow ground it .080 off kilter. I had to do that clutch job 2x. Napa did buy us a new flywheel. But if they can't even turn a flywheel they sure are not touching my heads or block.

Shaker Breaker

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We sent a flywheel to napa to be ground. They somehow ground it .080 off kilter. I had to do that clutch job 2x. Napa did buy us a new flywheel. But if they can't even turn a flywheel they sure are not touching my heads or block.
Yikes ! Which Napa was this ? I want to stay be sure to stay away . Thx

genscripter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've sent my heads and other components to EMS in Inglewood. They are a gasser machine shop, but they are VERY meticulous and VERY knowledgeable. They are super old dudes that know everything about engines and machining.

I was just there the other day to have my bore taper and piston skirts measured.

I highly recommend them. Get in early. They have a lot of loyal clients and they usually have a waiting list.