LUK SMF Flywheel bolts

kcwright1979

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought a 7.3idi core engine from a guy near me earlier this week for 200.00 and was talking with him and he told me he had some extra parts laying around, so I said sure ill take them off your hands for you so he gave me another ZF5 syncros are bad in it and he went on to say he had another clutch kit for it. I thought to myself I could use another DMF just in case, lo and behold it was a very lightly used LUK SMF and clutch with the pressure plate. I about fell over and smiled and put it in my truck. Question is I know the flywheel bolts are different, are they longer or are they shorter, does anyone know an exact length on them or where I can get replacement ones.

fordf350man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unless someone else beats me to it, If I remember I will measure when I get home. I just bought a new LUK SMF kit and it has new bolts with it.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
measure under the head for capscrews. 2 inch by the looks , great photo btw. kc, I may have some new around.

kcwright1979

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes good photo. Typ4 that would be awesome how much $$$ for them since I am sending you money tomorrow for the cam I can add it in.

fordf350man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
measure under the head for capscrews. 2 inch by the looks , great photo btw. kc, I may have some new around.

That is what I was originally planning to do but I really didn't know how he wanted it measured. This way he could actually get both measurements.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score

Always measure a bolt length from just UNDER the hex head. Thanks Russ. Bout the only fastener I know of that measured from end to end is a stud. Yes, that is a very nice clear pic. Thanks..:thumbsup:

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is what I was originally planning to do but I really didn't know how he wanted it measured. This way he could actually get both measurements.

The great part is that it is a carpenters measure im guessing by the lack of little marks LOL.
A friend of mine always wondered why welders are so measurement picky, he would say, "they call it filler rod for a reason".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
720Diesel