LUK release bearing quality???

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
Off topic for this forum but the clutch in my new 2001 cobra didn't feel right so I ordered a new LUK stock replacement kit for tomorrow morning....It comes with the pilot and release bearings....Should I use them or get the Ford bearings I ordered originally?....I know LUK makes a decent clutch as I've had them but I can't say if I've had a LUK bearing or not....Just looking to see if anyone here has had premature release bearing issues? The Ford pilot bearing is like $10.

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
Unless its the updated ford bearing the aftermarket LUK is better.

Is the tranny missing the metal cover over the clutch fork?

I have had no issues with a LUK replacement clutch set. I have installed many in the shop.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
No, the cover is still there...The PP had some sunken fingers, the pilot bearing was dry with a hard spot and the release bearing is noisy.....The disc wasn't worn out but the PP seemed to have the wear all in one spot...It looks to me like something was done wrong in the installation and that's why it **** the bed before the disc was done....It's a centerforce dual friction so it wasn't a cheap clutch for whoever bought it.

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
I put a centerforce in mine, i never put the cover back on after messing with the cable trying to adjust it. fried my first TO bearing and contaiminated the clutch.

if you're not gonna supercharge it, throw a nice stock replacement on it and call it a day.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
Yep, the engine is staying stock except for maybe some headers and a tune....The car is so clean and stock looking that I'd like to keep it that way...Except for some lowering springs.

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
Oh whats that now?

After i make the comment about altitude maximus?
Just bought this thing

I wanna keep it stock, but at the same time i unbolted the exhaust today and fired it up. :love:

She got tint today, i wanna really open her up. The stock intake is TINY and so is the exhaust!
You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
Never seen one before, I don't pay much attention to Honda's, Toyota's or Hyundai's on the road....LOL...I didn't know Hyundai had a V8.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online