Lost dome light and stereo.

ShrapnelFace

Reaction score
As the title states, lost dome light and stereo. Last time I lost dinky stuff like that was in my E150 and the alternator went out immediately after. So I came home and got the multimeter out. Batteries both say 12.5ish. When the truck is running they show around 14.14. So today I checked the batteries and they are the same as yesterday. Pulled the fuse for the dome light, the stereo, the dash. All the fuses I checked were good. (Ordered all new ones on amazon anyway).
But in my checking tonight when it was quieter I noticed that if I turn the key on about 1.5 seconds later the Rear Antilock dash light flashes for a second and there is an audible click. Also, the “Engine” light is illuminated when the key is turned on, but turns off if the truck is started. Any ideas of what to check next? Checking every fuse is so tedious.
Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Forgot to say that after all the above I disconnected both batteries and let it set for a beer. Same situation after reconnection.

She is a 1990 F250 XLT Lariat 4x4 7.3idi 5 Speed

Last edited:

ShrapnelFace

Reaction score
I think after reading too many threads my next step is to check my grounds. Supposedly there's one near the wiper motor. I was fiddling around in that area a couple days before this problem started. Possible that I bumped it loose or something. There are far too many threads about far too many electrical gremlins that have far too many causes.