lost boost whats wrong was getting 38 now only getting 20

scrappy

Reaction score
we need more info, is the truck real smokey or clean?
Check the boots in the ducting to and from the intercooler to see if one has slipped.

bonasnine

Reaction score
truck is a 97 2500 4 wheel drive automatic had someone work on it for me .had a suncoast put on it and 150 hp injectors. truck can get over 1400egt and was getting close to 40 now wont go over 20 psi its like its governed right there.truck runs fine except for the boost cutting off

CGriffith

Town Drunk
Reaction score
Do you have a fuel pressure guage? When was the last time you changed the fuel filter. Are you still running the stock intercooler boots? I've had trouble with them blowing off a lot less than 40 psi. I'd use a rubber pipe cap over the turbo inlet to test for boost leaks. You can get a hose clamp and 4" cap from most hardware stores. Then use one of the fittings in the intake to put compressed air into the system. About 10 psi is all you need to make leaks very obvious. Be carefull, the cap can come off some times. Put something heavy over it so it won't co flying.

bonasnine

Reaction score
thanks my diesel mechanic fixed it . he adjusted a few things and changed my fuel filter.boost is back, truck runs perfect again . 45$ what a deal. i think im going to put a bigger turbo on later when i got mo money. thanks for the info.