loss of oil pressure

Moosebob

Reaction score
No.. Thats kind of low at the turbo. What line do you have feeding the turbo. Sounds like it may be plugged with something.

It's the stock metal line, 1/4" I believe. I'm figuring one of the stupid brass compression sleeves turned sideways in the oil line or more than likely something went bad inside the turbo. The tailpipe is blacker and sootier than it normally is.

smokerd

Reaction score
Thanks...good forum here. Now I'll stop worrying about my 'dummy gauge' centerting on the 'O' in normal and just pull the dipstick every few mornings.
'93 7.3 IDIT still ticking along at 394K.

nostrokes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks...good forum here. Now I'll stop worrying about my 'dummy gauge' centerting on the 'O' in normal and just pull the dipstick every few mornings.
'93 7.3 IDIT still ticking along at 394K.

Check it hot not cold, that's the way the manual says. Run it to operating temp, let it sit 10 minutes then check it. The oil will "expand" a little.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Check it hot not cold, that's the way the manual says. Run it to operating temp, let it sit 10 minutes then check it. The oil will "expand" a little.
I don't know how accurate it is, but if I want to check my oil cold, I consider "full" to be about halfway up the cross hatch. I'll let the oil level get a little lower than the "add" mark, but try to keep it no more than half way up. If it's over full (hot) this way, I doubt that it would be very much.