Loping

Farmerjohn62409

Reaction score
Tried to research prior post but couldn't find anything that matched exactly , so I apologize if this was discussed prior . 92 f350 7.3 idi non turbo 81 ,*** miles runs great no blow by just started loping after getting off highway sounds like it has a tune and truck rocks like it's a big cam gasser can anyone point me in right direction thanks

gandalf

Reaction score
My best guess, based on what you've stated, is that the metering valve, in the IP, is beginning to stick. Try running some good cleaner through the system.

Farmerjohn62409

Reaction score
Took me a while to find it , but #6 injector line had the smallest pinhole right against back of the flair after I limped it home and unloaded horses popped hood and diesel every where so gave me the direction to find it

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took me a while to find it , but #6 injector line had the smallest pinhole right against back of the flair after I limped it home and unloaded horses popped hood and diesel every where so gave me the direction to find it

I had that happen. It was my fault because I did not put one of the factory clamps back around the injector lines. Once you get a new line, make sure you have ALL the clamps in place. Buy new ones or get some from the junkyard if any are missing or the new line is going to crack also.

Ky85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Previous trauma has taught me to zip tie on the outside of each clamp to avoid it slipping too far away. And keep 12" of return line hose with 2 clamps on it in the glove. Chance favors the prepared mind

I do enjoy the sound of these engines purging air after a problem like this and hearing that ole ruhruh