Loose Lips Sink Ships?

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
I'm new to the alternative fuel scene. Based on the research I've done and conversations I've had with folks that have been in the WMO/BD scene for decades it would seem that bringing the good tithings to the masses has made the WMO/SVO situation economically challenging for many with large corporate outfits out vying for the WVO from large producers.

It seems to be all greed driven. With corporate outfits offering money for WVO, where it was given away for free in the past to enthusiasts, now some places recognize their waste oils as a revenue stream. I read that WVO was being traded as a commodity now at ~$2.25/gallon.

My fear is that the word will get out about WMO and spoil my new found hobby of WMO collection and filtration :)

Now, given that WMO can pretty much only be burned in non-common rail, and old diesel engines the probability of this being an issue is low - but anyway I worry. I've clocked on my first 15 miles on 85% WMO and I'm tickled silly how good it feels to do so. I doubt I'll drive my Yukon XL much anymore at this point unless family is in town.

Anyway I'd love to hear folk's views on this.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
well it took a good 5+ years for bio to catch on. that and like you said you cant really do this to a modern diesel.(that i know of) i think wa are safe for now. heck fuel prices might come down by then............i still have hope

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
well it took a good 5+ years for bio to catch on. that and like you said you cant really do this to a modern diesel.(that i know of) i think wa are safe for now. heck fuel prices might come down by then............i still have hope

ive noticed that yes there is a bunch of people with modern diesels that shouldnt run wmo but they might get a hair brain idea and try it and F-something up and that will get around and then well be safe
im not knockin the guys with modern diesels at all one of these days id like to have a 7.3 powerstroke but thats as modern as i will ever get i think

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
I'm cleaning out my garage to find space to store (10) 55 gallon drums I've been given :)

Bummer is that in order to load and unload I'll need to pump them....

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
A 3gpm pump should do in in about 3 hours :)

The issue is that I'm not willing to carry more than 150 gallons in my truck as I don't have a hazmat license.

oregon101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear you WMO is going well so far. I'm getting ready to leave on a 1,200 mile road trip tomorrow with mix truck running WMO. I will be running 90% WMO and 10% diesel. I've got two 55gallon barrels strapped down in back for fill ups. We will see how it goes!

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
Glad to hear you WMO is going well so far. I'm getting ready to leave on a 1,200 mile road trip tomorrow with mix truck running WMO. I will be running 90% WMO and 10% diesel. I've got two 55gallon barrels strapped down in back for fill ups. We will see how it goes!

is it pre filtered and ready to pump into the tank

NJGearhead666

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im still looking for a old drum or air compressor to use as my storage tank that i can hook up my filter to. right now im storing all the waste motor oil i find in old 5 gallon buckets that diesel oil comes in

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score

thats a thick mixture to start on if it gets cool at all. just carry an extra filter, i prefilter but the truck filters still dont last quite as long.

oly_fab

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm getting ready to make a run to cali here in a week.I'll be doin the same as Oregon101 and bringing my fuel with me(2 55 gal drums in back).

I already took a trip of about 600 miles and it cost me around $60 in fuel.

Stu

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online