Loose Lips Sink Ships?

discbrks

Reaction score
Does WMO not work in a powerstroke? I've just started to fun it in my '94 IDI (33%) and it runs great. But my dad wanted to try it in his '96 stroke. Should I tell him not to?

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
How many microns are you filtering down to before tossing it in the tank?

i was down to 1 mic but i couldent find them in a pinch and have been doing 5 mic lately. made a differace so i will be ordering a case or something to keep off hand. at $25 a filter i want to keep them around and sacrafice the cheep ones.

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
I've been doing 5 microns, but I'm going to add a 1 micron at the end of the line then a goldenrod. You can get 1 micron blown polyester 10" filters for $1.00ea off fleabay. And if you're going through fuel filters just buy Frams in bulk like I do, I pay about $5.00/pc from Rock Auto.

i was down to 1 mic but i couldent find them in a pinch and have been doing 5 mic lately. made a differace so i will be ordering a case or something to keep off hand. at $25 a filter i want to keep them around and sacrafice the cheep ones.

oregon101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I made it here yesterday with no problems.:D I'm prefiltering down to 1 micron before I pump it into the barells. I then have a hand pump on the barell with a goldenrod style filter that is 10 microns. The weather was very warm on the trip ranging from 85-100. The truck ran great with no issues at all. I'll be leaving Sunday from NC Eastern Washington and going over to the Seattle area to visit some friends. Then Monday or Tuesday back down to Salem. I'll keep you posted on how it turns out!;Sweet

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
I've noticed a definite drop in power when I switch back to my diesel tank under load. I must admit that I had my doubts about the claims that the truck was "Stronger" running wmo. I have also noticed smoke under a pedal stomp where I didn't before.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
I just take home my WMO as I need it from work. There are services done daily so I can get it when I want it...I've been selective too as to what oil I will take, Shell - yes, Irving - no...LOL...I brought home 100L yesterday and that will last me a while as I'm only running about 30% WMO right now. I also have 200L of diesel with coolant in it (Detroit with inj cups gone) waiting to be used this winter when I can't run too much WMO. I'm working on a deal to have the CAT mobile service truck supply me with some hydraulic oil from his services.

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
I just want you folks that have sources you can pick and choose from know how lucky you are. I get to drive all around creation picking up people's oil changes in 5 gallon quantities. Hey but at least I'm driving for "free" - although not really.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
I just want you folks that have sources you can pick and choose from know how lucky you are. I get to drive all around creation picking up people's oil changes in 5 gallon quantities. Hey but at least I'm driving for "free" - although not really.

depending on who they are offer them a barrel to fill up for you and stop less often. i just talked to one of the many local garages and they were real cool about it.

it takes some extra work to set up but you don't want this taking over ALL of your free time.

i just got back from the rally running 100 and it runs great if my fuel pump can keep up. i have a electrical gremlin giving me headaches i think i have it nailed now since i replaced the relay.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
I had a bull session this afternoon with my cousin, he runs a local bar and he said he could give me 160L of WVO every week if I wanted it....Now that's a regular steady supply so it has me thinking about about gearing up a WVO setup. What's the general backyard built cost of a WVO station that could process 400L per month?

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
do you want to run veggie oil or make biodiesel?

I had a bull session this afternoon with my cousin, he runs a local bar and he said he could give me 160L of WVO every week if I wanted it....Now that's a regular steady supply so it has me thinking about about gearing up a WVO setup. What's the general backyard built cost of a WVO station that could process 400L per month?