Looking for my first truck Nashville, TN

BarryArcher

Reaction score
Here is what I am looking for:

12V, manual, 4X4, extended cab, short bed...and a topper or toneau cover.

I am in Nashville, TN.

If you have an extra one laying around, or know of one..Let me know

Barry Archer
[email protected]
(615)300-0963

Whit

Reaction score
If I was lookin this one here would definatly get my attention...........8th didget in the vin is a "D" so thats a 12 valver and since it has the NV4500 tranny then its got the 215 p-7100 pump.................98 was the first year of the 4door QC......only thing different I would like is a long box......other than that this is a keeper from what I see

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...or&transmission=Manual&max_price=&cardist=730

Hillbilly

Reaction score
Barry,

did you see the 98 12V that just sold on TOR? I'm a newb when it comes to the cummins/dodge stuff, but it just seems like some think their 98 12V models are worth awhole lot. I understand the 12V and 4 dorrs, but dang.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Barry,

did you see the 98 12V that just sold on TOR? I'm a newb when it comes to the cummins/dodge stuff, but it just seems like some think their 98 12V models are worth awhole lot. I understand the 12V and 4 dorrs, but dang.

Reason is because 98 was the last year for the 12v and the first year of the quad cab and it was only made for half a year because the last have of the model year got the 24v engine. So they are sort of rare.

Whit

Reaction score
and dont be confused looking at the 98 year vintage.....................they made a revision in 98.5 and its the first 24 valver

if ya search for a 98 cummins you will get both 98 and 98.5........the difference is that the 98 12 valver will have a "D" as the 8th didget in the serial number...........get that one

Hillbilly

Reaction score
Reason is because 98 was the last year for the 12v and the first year of the quad cab and it was only made for half a year because the last have of the model year got the 24v engine. So they are sort of rare.

I understand the quad cab and 12v, it just seems like you could buy a newer model truck and swap pumps and still be to the good $$wise for what some want for the ultra rare, hard to find, 10 year old truck. again a cummins newb here so be gentle ;p

Last edited:

Whit

Reaction score
yes you can put a P-7100 pump on a newer vintage but its very very spendy to do .............got coin? get-er-done LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk

Members online