Looking for an engine, again.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Might want to check this thread over in the marketplace.
If that engine survived the wreck, which it sounds like it did , that was a pretty sweet running engine before hand. That thing sounded nice. Might be a bit of a trip to fetch it though, he's in western IL.

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
If that engine survived the wreck, which it sounds like it did , that was a pretty sweet running engine before hand. That thing sounded nice. Might be a bit of a trip to fetch it though, he's in western IL.

I pm'ed him, thanks. I really feel more comfortable buying from a member here than on craigslist or anywhere else for that matter.:angel:

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
I think its time to put that 4-71 in there!!!!!

LOLLOL yeah, with 89 origional, maintained hours, it may be the newest oil burner I ever get a hand on. I am not sure how the D60 front would like an 1800# engine and the plow I intend to install.:eek::rolleyes: Can a truck endo upon hard braking????:rotflmao:rotflmao

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my only concern is how long did the motor run while the truck was inverted.
remember he said he was trapped inside for 45 mins.

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
this one would be a decent candidate. you can hear it run before it's pulled.
do plan on changing out the oil pan though.

I will have spares.LOL I also pm'ed Jared. He simply does not have the time or ability to facilitate the extraction of his engine. I was contemplating on paying freight charges for a low mileage engine owned by a fellow OB. I am sure something will come along.

Clydesdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$600 + shipping, and my IDI is on its way to your house.

Take a sound clip for ya. Runs so well, I almost don't want to pull it.

83651 for origin zip.

83 6.9 for its spec sheet. if the block has any heat in it at all, fires right over and purrs, no GP necessary.

Edit: Act quick before I say $750.. worth every penny of a grand... and it will "down" the truck for awhile.. not looking forward to that, but I do so want 6.6....

Last edited:

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
Thanks Clydes! I am looking at highpsi's thread in the marketplace as of now. I think I could get to his house and back in one day and I will have to borrow a truck to do it. If this course of action does not pan out, I will definitly consider.

http://www.oilburners.net/forums/showthread.php?t=44007

He doesn't seem to be online too often, anyone know how to give him a ring?

I am hoping the IDI gods and the money gods align and bless me with something good.:angel::angel:LOL

fastass350

SStock8569
Reaction score
Though shipping might hurt a lot, 2800 out the door for a reman long block, done the right way in my opinion, out of Portland, Or. Def would go that route and have it shipped anywhere instead of buying one for 3500 local.