Looking for a Vacuum Control Valve 6.9 IDI

mckenziedg

Reaction score
Like the title says, I'v looking for a VCV for the 6.9IDI. The **** for the transmission broke off, I tried to glue it back but it's not holding. Transmission won't shift out of 1st gear. If anyone's got a lead or a parts engine that would be fantastic.

Also mine only had one screw holding it on so the second one would be nice.

Located in Knoxville, TN

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
Oh.... and the nipples are actually removable from the valve, so don't throw away the valve itself! They are expensive and rare.

The nipples just pull off. I know this because trucks and vans have different angled barbs. The valve itself is the same, just not the barbs.

One has a straight barb instead of an elbow.

I ended up swapping the barbs between the two valves during shift point troubleshooting on my RV.

You must be registered for see images attach

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
Unless you mean the inner barb...

You must be registered for see images attach

Va_Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not very familiar with any differences between the 6.9 and 7.3 but I have that unit from a parts truck(7.3 with a C6) I have and I have no need for it. If it is that same your welcome to it.

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
I'm not very familiar with any differences between the 6.9 and 7.3 but I have that unit from a parts truck(7.3 with a C6) I have and I have no need for it. If it is that same your welcome to it.

It's a C6 related part and will work on 6.9 or 7.3. Later transmissions had electric kickdown instead.