Looking for a bed liner.

Selahdoor

How can I help you, or make you laugh, today?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Full size bed.

Liner doesn't have to be perfect.

Mostly has to be cheap enough I can afford it. LOL

Show me what you got, within a reasonable distance from Index, Washington. :D

Scotty4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Full size bed.

Liner doesn't have to be perfect.

Mostly has to be cheap enough I can afford it. LOL

Show me what you got, within a reasonable distance from Index, Washington. :D

Ya know Jeff, if I would have known, I could have taken the one from that other truck. Really would have been pushing it with the cap on there too but I would have tried!

Selahdoor

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have no doubt you would have. :D

I didn't know I was going to need one.

I also didn't know one was there, or I would have asked anyway. LOL

However, I already felt like I was pushing your generosity. So maybe I wouldn't have asked anyway.

Edit:

I saw one down in Kent for only 20 bucks.

Looks to be in good shape.

But it also looked like the top few inches had been cut out of it.

Also not sure it would fit my truck.

And I can't afford to drive all the way down there just to find out it is pretty much worthless.

I'd prefer to have one that goes up over the rails. But if this was actually designed to fit under the rails, I might be able to make it work.

Last edited:

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have bought bed liners for every truck I've ever had for no more than $20. Last one was over the bed rails, and I really do like that style as I feel like it protects (spelled covers up) all the loading damage on the rails. The one I have in my PSD currently goes under the bed rails, but I got a really average set of diamond plate bed rails for $10 at the Pick N Pull. It like it was meant to be :p

Selahdoor

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The bedrails will be covered by the canopy. That doesn't bother me.

What bothers me is not knowing if the bed liner I saw is designed to go under the bedrails or was simply cut off at the top, there.

Technically, I WOULD rather have one that goes over the rails. My bedrails are beat up pretty badly. It was a logging truck. Not only dented all over the place, but actually torn in some places.

I had planned to put two layers of foam camper tape on there.

But a bedliner that goes over the rails would make it easier to get a good seal between them.

Exhumis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like your truck could win a fugly contest so if you don't mind you could screw the sides to your bed.
Or do what the PO of my truck did and double sided tape/velcro the sides to the truck. It does not move. Mine scoots right up under the rails.

Selahdoor

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It could!

Ok, I emailed the guy.

Asked if the bed liner was designed that way, or if it had been cut off at the top.

His response, "Oh no, it goes over the rails. No need to cut it!"

Look at the pic. You can tell that it does not go over the rails.
You must be registered for see images attach

But it's a pendaliner.

It probably WAS designed this way.

What bothers me is that some of the top of that thing is pretty rough looking. Like it was cut with a sawzall or something. That leaves me unsure whether the guy is lieing, or if he just doesn't understand that the rail is not the wall itself, but is only the top of the wall...

Not likely to bother asking him again, with that clarification.

The rest of what he said was that he bought this for his 2005 f250... "heavy duty"... And I should look on the interwebs to find out if it would fit.

Ok. So does anyone know if a pendaliner for a 2005 f250, will fit my 1992 f250?

gandalf

Reaction score
Well, it does go over the rail in the front, just behind the cab. Did the beds change dimensions in that 13 year period? I don't know. Sometime in there I'm pretty sure the cab height changed. That sometimes caused problems with truck campers, the slide-in campers.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know the one I had in my 91 was from a 2001 F150 and did NOT fit correctly. It was close enough for being free though...

Selahdoor

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know the one I had in my 91 was from a 2001 F150 and did NOT fit correctly. It was close enough for being free though...
Thank you!

Do you remember just how it didn't fit?

For instance, Too short lengthwise? Too short heightwise? Wheel wells in the wrong place?

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you!

Do you remember just how it didn't fit?

For instance, Too short lengthwise? Too short heightwise? Wheel wells in the wrong place?

Mine was an under the rail style. I had to trim... Maybe an inch? Off the top to get it to settle in. There was some fitment issue with the wheel wells, but I'm not exactly sure what. I think they were shaped a little different, but I also have a gooseneck hitch under it. There was a nice little bump in the middle of the floor. Length might be a smidge short, maybe an inch.

Selahdoor

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, now this is the kind of info I needed. Thank you.

Sounds like I may be able to make it work if I...

Use a heat gun to get a better fitment on the wheelwells.

Cut the top sides down just a bit, till I get a snug fit underneath.

And if that front overlaps enough, and the wheelwells work out... maybe the whole thing can be pulled back a bit? If not maybe I'll cut strips from a plastic barrel, and 'weld' them into the back end of it, to lengthen it??? (I'm not going for looks. I am going for utility. And foremost in utility is getting a good seal. Got to be dry in there.)

It's not like it is going to be taking a beating from hauling gravel or anything. If I ever need to use the truck for that, I'll pull the canopy and liner for the duration of the job.

Sounds like I'd better get back ahold of the guy and arrange pickup...

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just take some good measurements when you get there. You can make anything work if you want to bad enough lol.

I much prefer the under the rail types as I can hook straps under the rail and still keep the liner, plus no need to drill holes for the mounting clamps for the topper, as the underside of the rail is exposed.

As far as your bed rails just get a set of these https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-Ford-F...m3Ba6ugm&fits=Year:1982|Model:F-150|Make:Ford

Selahdoor

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's another 80 bucks that I don't have. LOL

I agree with the benefits of having it under the rails. That is weighed though against the benefit of having a true sealed interior.

I think what I will do is get this one, modify it the best I can to get the best fit.

Then work on those rails. Hammering out as many dents as I can. Sealing up the holes, the rips, (Yes, actual rips in the metal.), and leveling it out the best I can. Then just use two layers of camper tape.

Supposed to go down sometime this week, to pick it up. Now that I have made the deal and given my word, I'll go pick it up, even if I find something better in the meantime.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7