Looking at Synthetics....

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
i'll try the auto RX, i have next to nothing for oil consumption though so i think i'm ok there but it cant hurt. i've got a 50wt syn in the trans but i am putting a nother trans in soon. (all the gears work right in the new one! LOL) i'll do syn. in the motor, trans, transfer, and diffies all at once. how should i mix the auto RX in the trans, transfer, and diffies for a cleaning before i switch?

Better read the instructions on the website for that, I don't want to mess you up. I'm not quite at myself right now, screwed my back all up and I'm seeing double -cuss . They have different ratios for different types of gearboxes and diffs. you'll need to click over to the transmission site and find the instructions for gearboxes and diffs

RKOCH

Fellow Oil Burner
Reaction score
I have been using amsoil in all my units for over 300,000 mi on some. Engine oil, T-case, Auto trans, and diffs and I will swear by it.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd be leary of running a 40wt motor oil in a trans that is expecting 80wt gear oil. If the T-19 spec'd ATF, I'd agree but it doesn't. Also, remember that Delo 400 is API CJ-4. That stuff is emissions oil, and no longer our engines best friend. Go with a CI or earlier oil like Brad Penn H.D. Select.

tractorman86

Reaction score
Better read the instructions on the website for that, I don't want to mess you up. I'm not quite at myself right now, screwed my back all up and I'm seeing double -cuss . They have different ratios for different types of gearboxes and diffs. you'll need to click over to the transmission site and find the instructions for gearboxes and diffs

thanks man, hope your back gets better
Also, remember that Delo 400 is API CJ-4. That stuff is emissions oil, and no longer our engines best friend. Go with a CI or earlier oil like Brad Penn H.D. Select.
mel, that's why i want to run syn. it aught to make up for what delo and rotela will now leave off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7