Supporting Member
Reaction score
Powerstroke electronics don't like water. ;p

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Powerstroke electronics don't like water. ;p

:rotflmao

Seriously check with Les out at Schied Diesel and see if he knows of any one selling a PSD - they might know of some one with one that already is modified slightly that they are looking to upgrade years. Schied is out past IVY Tech on the south end of town - out there by SIA - used to be nothing out around them just a pole barn down a gravel road surrounded by corn fields but I'm sure it's built up in the last few years in the area.

Andylad13

DieselBoy
Reaction score
Stock for stock they will. I've driven a 95 OBS PSD auto, and I've driven a 97 12 valver......and the OBS PSD pulls better. But once you get into modifying them, the cummins will have the upper hand no doubt at all.

thats funny when you say that, because i dont think i've ever seen stock vs stock. its always vids of juiced up engines racing vipers. no wonder i made that comment!!!!

dairieman36

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey i get the diesel world mag every month and last months issue had a 95 twin turboed 7.3 that would run low 10's in the 1\4 mile dont know what all it had done to it but it was really nice

Hyde

N GO SEEK
Reaction score
Thats Zane's truck at Wide Open Performance. Nice rig, good powerstroke parts dealer.

Fordsandguns

Fords Rule
Reaction score
yes sir thats the one i was talkin bout wish my idi could be that fast

Too bad that won't ever happen! I wish that IH would have built the PS with mechanical injection before going electronic. Diesel Power had Double Overtime in the February issue. Converted to an inline mechanical pump, it pushes over 1500 hp! They said that over half the money in the engine went into the heads. It would cost way too much for a street truck.

Hyde

N GO SEEK
Reaction score
Yea thats the one I referenced on the last page. 1800hp is a more realistic figure, at least thats the rumor over at CompD. The pump is off a 700 cube International.