CL ad but look pics of a modded '77 frame for IDI.....

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lookie!!!

CL SF bay area east bay all for sale / wanted cars & trucks - by dealer

[email protected][SUP] [?][/SUP] flag [SUP][?][/SUP] : miscategorized prohibited spam best of Posted: 2013-05-19, 8:58AM PDT
[h=2]1973 Ford F250 IDI Diesel 4x4 Project Truck - $1600 (concord / pleasant hill / martinez)[/h] +-

Powered by LeafletTerms

You must be registered for see images

I have for sale my 1973 Ford F250 4x4 1600 obo (May be willing to part out, see below)

This truck was originally a 1977.5 Non-Highboy truck that had the body swapped and was Legally changed (per CA law) to a 1973. Smog is no issue as I had been running a 6.9L IDI Diesel engine with a NP435 and NP205 Transfercase. This truck is currently a roller but is all set for an IDI engine and Np435 to be put back in. I have a list of what the Truck does and does not have. I may be willing to part this truck out if you were to grab enough parts or there is enough demand from multiple people for the parts.

This truck has a clean rust-free cab and bed, the front clip and both inner fenders are 4x4 type and are also rust free.

The frame has been clearanced for the IDI crank pulley and the Mounts have been modified for the IDI/460 mounting. If you want a cleaner instal you can remove the custom mounts and get a set of mounting perches for a 460 2wd truck, but I will warn you that the engine will sit higher and your center of gravity will be worse. Also you will have no room for a Turbo downpipe if you change the mounts.

I ran this truck for 5 years with the IDI and it was amazing, but I unfortunately I sold the Motor and Trans last year while I was restoring the body and frame in an swap to a 7.3L Powerstroke but plans had changed and the truck has been sitting about a year with no motor/trans.

THE ONLY REASON FOR SALE IS BECAUSE I HAVE A KID COMING IN JUNE

I have a few photos of this truck I have posted below. My friend has been assisting me in the restoration of the truck and has a 1974 of his own that is a near match of this truck (in first picture the truck for sale is on the left). I do not currently have the rims and tires shown in the fisrt photo, the truck as it sits today is how it is pictured with the dually rims mounted in front.

PARTS LIST:

* Ford Dana 44HD High Pinion Front, 8 lug 4.10 gears
($350 if sold separate)

* Ford Dana 60 Full Floater Rear, 8 lug 4.10 gears Camper Axle
($350 if sold separate)

* Full 1977.5 Frame, Non-Highboy with 4x4 setup, and NP435 crossmember (Married setup)
($550 if sold separate)

* Fuel Tanks with Diesel Siphon Adapter on bottom of tank (Can be easily changed back to gas with no modifications to lines or tanks)
($40 Each if sold separate)

* Front Clip with good Grille Shell and Split Grille Inserts
(See below)

* Straight Body Cab, Doors, Hood, and Bed (Set for dual tanks, non-fuel door type)
($150 for Cab without Front Clip and doors, $100 for Front Clip with Grille, $150 for Bed with fuel fill, Hood for $50, Doors for $50 each, all if sold separate)

* Original Bench Seat & one spare
(Sold with or without Cab, $35 each if sold separate)

* Towing HD Radiator for IDI/460
($80 if sold separate)

* 4" Lift
(Sold with axles)

* Towing Leaf Springs Front and Rear
(Sold with axles)

* 8000lb Rear tow hitch (New)
($100 if sold separate)

Prices can be negotiable but I'm somewhat firm if parting the truck out.

Call matt before 8:30 am or after 5:30 pm mon-fri or any time on weekends (925)822-5971
  • it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
Posting ID: 3815129428
Posted: 2013-05-19, 8:58AM PDT
email to a friend

Avoid scams, deal locally! Do NOT wire funds (Western Union, Moneygram). Beware cashier checks, money orders, shipping, non-local buyers/sellers. More info

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online