Lookin at factory turbo truck, what's it worth?

mblaney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah being a lower mile factory turbo with new trans and IP I really can't go wrong with it. I know a guy with a beat f350 I can snag the d60 out of.

If you go the D60 route check out the thread in my sig; mine is a '94 also so it might be helpful. The D60 I put in mine was from a '93.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
A bit of a side question for the collective.....

Since front fender rust was mentioned, I have a question about the front fenders.

I’ve not had the front clips off of an IDI era truck, but I’ve had an 83 Bullnose, a 92 OBS and now have an 88 Bricknose. What is different in the lower rear area of the front fender. Below the body line, at the rockers? On the Bull and Bricks, I’ve seen some front fender rust, and of course the cab corner and bed rust, but it seems like most OBS trucks I’ve seen, the bottom of the front fender is rotten and full of holes, where the older trucks don’t have that issue.

pafixitman

Reaction score
A bit of a side question for the collective.....

Since front fender rust was mentioned, I have a question about the front fenders.

I’ve not had the front clips off of an IDI era truck, but I’ve had an 83 Bullnose, a 92 OBS and now have an 88 Bricknose. What is different in the lower rear area of the front fender. Below the body line, at the rockers? On the Bull and Bricks, I’ve seen some front fender rust, and of course the cab corner and bed rust, but it seems like most OBS trucks I’ve seen, the bottom of the front fender is rotten and full of holes, where the older trucks don’t have that issue.

Scott, short answer from me is I have no idea. But... it may be more of a cowl drain design then fender. I have not looked closely at my brick but my 93 had major blockage in the drain area - I pulled the plug by the parking brake to clean the area out. Not sure if the prior version drained the cowl area differently so there was not debris getting down there or the water was directed a different route and did not keep the debris wet.