Longer Diesel Life Fuel Additive

Ramprat

Inside your OODA
Reaction score
Anybody ever hear of LDL

It's sold at the Ford shop here in town & they swear by it. I've ran a couple bottles of it, but could not tell any difference between it and Power Service (white)

hheynow

the misanthrope
Reaction score
I can only recommend Stanadyne Performance Formula. I use it year round.

Ramprat

Inside your OODA
Reaction score
Originally posted by hheynow
I can only recommend Stanadyne Performance Formula. I use it year round.

Got a case of it from some place in Texas (forget where) and could not tell a bit of difference in any aspect of preformance/smoke or MPG & figgured why spend the money on it if it does nothing for the PSD :sorry: :sorry:

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Looking at their website and how cheap it feels I wonder how their attention to detail in other areas (the brewing of LDL) is, I would almost think it would follow suit... I got the feeling I was on a joke website, you know the type that most home computer users create.

The reason I run Stanadyne is because it's actually the only additive put out by (or atleast has their name on it) a diesel fuel componet manufacturer. Stanadyne has been making Fuel injection systems (complete) for many many years and one would tend to think that if they made a fuel system that they would have after all these years figured out what type of lube it needs. Not surprising Stanadyne is recommened by Ford Motor Company if you ask me because of this reason.

But my stance is run what you brung type of thing. If you like Stanadyne (Fred's Hair Tonic as it's called in IDI circles) then run it, if you like Howe's then run that, if you like XYZ Corp's lube then run that. It's all about getting some type of lube to the componets because as we all know most fuel systems are lubed by diesel that is getting drier and drier as we speak.

But keep in mind that you ask me what you should run - my answer will be Fred's Miracle Hair Tonic (Performance Forumla in winter and Jr. in the summer).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86