Limited slip...?

ford390gashog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The ls option was done to be very very mild to prevent harsh power grabbing and possible warranty work. There is a TSB on it about shimming the clutch pack.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
The ls option was done to be very very mild to prevent harsh power grabbing and possible warranty work. There is a TSB on it about shimming the clutch pack.

Thanks. I will have to let the dealers around here know about it. They say that is how they work and can do nothing about it

Brianedwardss

Reaction score
Some good info in this thread.

So far, the LS is the only thing I'm dissatisfied with in a Superduty, not the biggest thing in the world. These sure are nice trucks when the maintenance is kept up

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will tell you that I did a lot of reading/advice asking when I changed the gear oil in my Grand National, and the friction modifier can/does make a huge difference. I used synthetic Royal Purple with no friction modifier and I love :love: what it did to the locking effect. Much tighter, acts like a real positraction rear, and everything I read about "chatter" is completely acceptable by my right foot. And another biproduct I like: a non-locking positraction rear will wear out faster as you are increasing wear on the clutch plates, so I feel like I'm extending the service interval as well (had to justify that expensive gear oil some how :D)

I agree with Brad: if you bought a posi, you should get/use a posi. Do some searches on the SD forums, I would be willing to bet there are some folks who are running different lubes.

Good luck to you ;Sweet