Lift pump

S-west

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I bought a new lift pump from advanced auto and it is airtex I believe. The pump worked fine until I realized it was leaking oil from the middle of the pump where it looks like 2 pieces. I was loosing up to a quart of oil every 20 minutes of idle. Have any of you had this problem. I checked my oil for diesel but it doesn't smell like fuel. Luckily they replaced my pump no charge but I am going to keep an eye on it and if it happens again I will probably get either the more expensive bosh pump or switch to an electric fuel pump.

Socal88

Reaction score
I would switch to the elec lift pump its the smart way to go. I switched my truck over a few months ago, really a easy MOD.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Another vote for electric.
Getcha one of them fancy chrome big block chevy fuel pump block off plates, and don't look back.
There are several advantages to going electric. Easier filter changes, easier priming fuel lines, doesn't have a diaphragm to rupture sending fuel into your oil, etc.
Now I have nothing against mechanical pumps, and a lot of people are just fine and dandy with them, but I weigh the advantages way higher than any possible disadvantages.

S-west

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya I think I'm gonna go with the electric when this new one goes. Which I think will be rather soon seeing the first one started leaking oil within weeks

pedro_8149

7.3L Remote Turbo
Reaction score
Im wondering if this is where my oil leak is from, it runs down to where my panhard bar goes and drips a bit onto the ground and it seems thats where it starts is that front side of the block but im thinking im goin to do electric fuel pump too. Just need to find what to use and how to wire it in. Ive already got the block off plate

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
... im thinking im goin to do electric fuel pump too. Just need to find what to use and how to wire it in. Ive already got the block off plate
Simple...

Carrier pump from Genlightening....there is a long running thread on it and a few tech articles as well...simple nuff!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Staff online