Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Greenie

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had the glass removed this morning. There is no perforation of the flange despite what the photo shows - it's a shadow. The rust is mostly along the top - sides and bottom are good. I bought a quart of POR-15 ($80.00!!!!) and after I get the rust removed I'll give it a few coats this weekend and have the new glass installed next dry day.

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
I'd say I'm shocked... But I'm not. Glad you're getting it taken care of the right way.

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are 2 tools I bought from HF, an air needle Scaler and an air chisle/scraper.

Really bought the Air chisle to scrape off the tar pads from the floor, preparing it before installing the Dynamat. But worked good cleaning out the krap around the windshield frame.

I didn`t pay $99 for mine, they had two different one`s when I bought mine and think I paid in the $20 range for the one I bought. Worked great. maybe they have the lesser price one in the store.

Just be careful you don`t knock off the little nail head things, they are what hold on your metal trim.

Be sure to wear those nitril blue rubber gloves HG sells, or you will be wearing the POR for a long time. Has to wear off.

I usually buy the 6 packs of POR from Summit Racing. They work great for small jobs, and less chance of waste of loosing a whole can if it sets up from painting out of it. Best to pour out the amount you need, and seal up the can.

Also use my electric drill with one of those rough plastic 3M type grinding wheels.

Walmart

Be sure to cover your dash and seats with a tarp.

Goat

Last edited:

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I didn`t pay $99 for mine, they had two different one`s when I bought mine and think I paid in the $20 range for the one I bought. Worked great. maybe they have the lesser price one in the store.
The link you gave showed a price of $29.99. I'll have to remember that one. It sure could come handy at the price!