Leak

jacksy3

Reaction score
My truck has been at the Ford service department for over week. It was suppose to be a rear seal and the tranny taken out to repair it. Now it's a leak somewhere between the oil pan and engine and they are telling me they have to pull the engine out. Today I got an update that more of the engine needs to come out and they need to order more parts and it's something they have never had to do before. I'm a little concerned that my truck just won't be the same and they are stalling b/c they haven't gotten to it sooner. Being that I am woman and don't have much knowledge of how shops operate (I know some women do) how much of the engine, when they say pull the engine out, is left to pull out??? Seems to me they should have it done after 10 days in the shop.

TEXCRAWLER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd be a bit scared. They may be jurking your chain for time. Go in there and tell them you want to see your truck and for them to show you exactly what is wrong w/it. If it is a reputable and not a hole in the wall ford shop I'm sure they will do a good job. Give them a dead line. My head gaskets had to be changed right before christmas and they told me it would be after the 1st of the year because everyone was going on vacation and I came unglued on the sevice writer wich had told me lots of lies in the past. I got my truck back before christmas running great.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmmm, once you pull the engine out....how much MORE of it can be pulled, I mean its out right?