Lady Moose 2.0

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, if you hadn't noticed the change in my sig, the F-350 now says "It's turbo time" when you pull the string! LOL I've documented the job and will have an article on the install soon. I give a thousand :hail :hail :hail bow and worships to my wife Suzi, for her wonderfull assistance. After all, it's her truck, and she (in true Tanya fashion) did much of the work, and she has the scars now to prove it. Having done a turbo on the Moose Truck alone, and now having her help me, I can say it was MUCH easier with somebody to do it with. I think putting a second turbo on is like women having a second child. You do the first one, then a few years pass, and you do the second one mostly because you forgot how much doing one hurts! It would take like 15 minutes to put one on with the engine out of the truck, and 2 weekends to do it with the engine IN! Don't even get me started on clearancing the firewall. THAT was the worse part again. I should have done a body lift. :rolleyes: All I got to do now is finish the exhaust system mods. More later.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
Nice, glad you got it in. i will be looking forward to your article (along with the other i read) to help me when i get one.;Sweet

i think i will be doing the body lift though.:D

hoodshauler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great to hear you have another mechanic in the compounds. It is always great to have another pair of hands. And when the pair of hands are also attached to at pretty face it makes the job much nicer.:love:

Now you know the fealing I had when Tanya took it upon herself to drop her starter. Before you know it Mel they will be the ones giving the clinics at the ralleys.;Really

Exhaust mod hmmmmm could there be stacks in the lady mooses future?;Sweet

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ah.... no stacks. Not unless we paint the Wilderness black. LOL

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
;Sweet Mel!

After messing with my PSD and that DP -cuss I can see the need for a minimal body lift....that would make soooooo much easier :hail

A round for Suzi :cheers: and I must agree with BJ :thumbsup: dirty hands and looking up--or down LOL--- that are attached to the face you love and have never seen in those positions before-----:angel: :angel: LOL

Not to mention the added benefit that they now have the understanding...and physical comprehension of what it takes to mod and maintain these beasts;Sweet

Yeppers....sure gonna be a sight when the gals set up their own "tech talk" tents :eek: :D ;Sweet

So Mel.....5" straight pipe to a 6" tip ;p

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Good to hear You got it in there Mel. The LadyMoose with turbo and GV is be an excellent convination now.:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
I agree with EZ it will be an excellent convination,..;Sweet
:D

Congrats on taking on such a project so close to the rally.

For exhaust, go with the biggest pipes you can fit, and loose the mufflers, that is what the turbo is for..

Even with my new exhaust it is not noticable in the cab while pulling the 5ver down the highway.

Later,..

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well she was under the truck with me again last night. We had to wait on a band clamp for the down pipe. Now I've moved the Y pipe from the Moose Truck to Lady, and ditched the muffler. There won't be time to completely re-do the dual exhaust, but as long as I can find some sections of pipe today, it should be done tonight. The Moose Truck is getting some exhaust make overs this weekend. Yes, too many projects too close to zero hour! :eek:

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
Congrats on the new found power Mel and Suzi. I've got a qusetion. Hopefully in the next couple of weeks, Carla's truck will be getting an ATS install. Is general concensus that a 2" body lift is "recommended" or just clearance the firewall? Her truck doesn't get used to haul stuff, but I've always been on the fence about body lifts and the gap to the frame. Of course she wants bigger tires too and it's cheaper than a suspension lift.:dunno

Tom

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the new found power Mel and Suzi. I've got a qusetion. Hopefully in the next couple of weeks, Carla's truck will be getting an ATS install. Is general concensus that a 2" body lift is "recommended" or just clearance the firewall? Her truck doesn't get used to haul stuff, but I've always been on the fence about body lifts and the gap to the frame. Of course she wants bigger tires too and it's cheaper than a suspension lift.:dunno

Tom
tom-
if she wants to have the work done on her truck....DON'T SAY NO;Sweet;Sweet;SweetAnd don't stop just at the turbo...adding an IC will broaden the powerband and the truck will think it's a gasser!
I unbolted and lifted my cab when the ATS was giving me trouble on disassembly, so yes, it is a "good idea". I'll bring it one step further, find the heat shielding on a OBS choker and put it in before putting in the turbo. That's what I am working on this summer for my own truck. Any help for that anemic A/C is a help!

Last edited:

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
Calvin

Usually if I tell her her truck needs so and so, the answer is almosty always Ok go ahead and get it. Unfortuantely, such as this case, it means more work for me. Now when I tell her I want something for MY truck. Nope, that's why we bought you a new truck...so it doesn't need anything. I always argue that it didn't come from the factory just the way I want it. that usually doesn't get me too far either.:rotflmao

Tom

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online