Just saying howdy...

Czechsix

Reaction score
Doing research on WVO conversions for the 24V and came across this sight. Looks like a good crowd here, so I just wanted to say hi.

I've got a ISB powered Suburban, with a few mods done to it.

Czechsix

Reaction score
Well, so much for the next day, but here are a few. If any of you guys want details, LMK, now off to run myself ragged some more.

Remember when you had extra time on weekends to goof off and relax? sigh....

Attachments

• underhood1.jpg
    underhood1.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 10
  • underhood2.jpg
    underhood2.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 6
  • Underhood3.jpg
    Underhood3.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 8

Czechsix

Reaction score
Oohhh. Clean, Rubberfish. I note that you don't have a rats nest like I do on your firewall....;Sweet

That 24V that I've got will be swapped out for a 12, sooner or later. I keep dithering between a complete swap, or just a p-pump (yeah, I know...I shouldn't be saying "just"...'cause it's pretty involved), but I'll probably be older and wiser by then and just go with a complete engine. Yours looks pretty good - any clearance problems, and what's it in?

rubberfish

Reaction score
I got a small mess of wire too. :) Top left.
I just got lucky and it's not visible in that pic. :D
Here's a shot of the wrapper.

Attachments

• IMG_0761.jpg
    IMG_0761.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 7

Czechsix

Reaction score
Dang, makes me feel like I should clean under the hood more. Heh.

Here's a pic of my junk pile....

Attachments

• calicosub.jpg
    calicosub.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 7

Czechsix

Reaction score
Well - it's different, that's for sure. That pic was at the Calico, CA Unimog meet trail run, and the Subbins kept up just fine. Not on the more extreme sections, but there were always bypasses there. I used to own Unimogs, but there are issues with them - so I looked for something that was more of a compromise, and I found it in the Suburban with a Cummins. Rides great, has A/C, decent fuel mileage, can sleep in it, find parts everywhere, etc. For more serious trail runs I'm looking at getting a diesel Samurai - probably trade the duece and a half for it.

That Suburban, with the weight of the Cummins, really worked the suspension well. It used to have regular Skyjacker 5" lift springs on the front, but they've been swapped out for some custom National Spring packs earlier this month, which should really shine on the trail. I had them specced for the front load (3950# on the front axle + an extra 300# for misc junk), 6" total lift, and about 12" total travel. Nice springs.

Next Calico run is October, again, and I'll throw some more pics out when I get back from it.

terminaltsi

cool guy
Reaction score
interesting. i've been wanting to wheel my ram, but it's so damn long i just don't know how it would do on our trails here. probably not well, we have a lot of trees on the trails!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726