Just more routine maintenance...

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
Some of you may remember a week or two ago i accidentally dumped all my oil out while driving. Well today I dumped all my coolant ;Sweet

I was driving and my gauge was going kinda funny so i was like.. "great, must be leaking." Then I pulled up to a light and heard a nasty loud sound from underneath and some steam stuff coming from underneath... So i pulled off the road and about then steam was pouring from out from under the hood. I had an idea of where the leak was because I had just worked on stuff under there yesterday because one of my return lines was leaking good. That required just shoving one of the return lines on better, but anyways it was leaking from one of my lines running to my coolant filter. It just burst for whatever reason.

Being the MacGuyver I have to be with my life I patched up the hole with a crap load of electrical tape, some velcro straps, and then more tape, then put in 1 gallon of distilled water I had on hand. I drove about a mile before my temp gauge went way high. At that point I pulled over and shut it off. Then I saw an albertson's "WOHO" I walked over to it and.. what do you know.. they JUST closed and the girl wouldn't let me in. So i had to call in reinforcements, my dad, and have him bring 8 gallons of water. We put it in two hours later when he got there and then drove it back home. My patch worked alright when the engine stayed cool. Just when it ran out of water and was steaming like crazy the pressure would go way up and make my patch not work.

On a lighter note. I checked the oil level and it was normal for once and the oil was still somewhat clear, not black. Looks like my oil flush worked well.

But uh.. does anyone know where to buy FLEET RITE anymore...?:confused:

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its a good opportunity to go ELC! Actually NAPA might be carrying Fleetrite now...I thought I saw some of it there.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
whenever i have coollant leaks and have to half-*** patch it, i let the radiator cap loose so it dousent build pressure against my patch until i can fix it right. my older buddy told me you can use bread to patch a hole, he says it gets hard as rock cooking in there. you ruin whatever it is but can usually seal it up.

glad you got home alright though;Sweet

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online