Just Like Everybody Else It Seems....

City Chicken

Reaction score
In regards to the title of most f the threads I see in this "Introduction" section, I too am a first-time diesel owner.

I just acquired a 1995 Ford F-350 XLT with the Centaurus conversion kit; the truck has 240K miles and I am the second owner. The previous owner used it exclusively to tow a camper to/from Hagerstown, MD and various spots in Florida on an annual basis. The vehicle is fairly clean and I am hoping to keep it in good condition for a nice legacy project vehicle for myself and various nieces/nephews who have shown an inclination for things mechanical, beyond the farm equipment that their parents have charged them with maintaining.

I am glad to be here and look forward to contributing to the community of diesel heads here. My first concern with the new vehicle is coolant (the previous owner relied on local lube shops to address this requirement so I am unsure what is in the system currently; a flush will be made in short order and I will read up on the right coolant/SCA combination to use to get me to the 'million mile' mark!)

Many thanks in advance for all the good correspondence I know will be forthcoming from the contributors here at oilburners.net!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726