IVS relay to A/C clutch.....

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
Seeings how the only real issue causing my A/C to weird out is the high press build when stopped/idling is the need to move air across the condensor.....

I really do not see the need for the fan to run when the truck is moving so.......If I wire the relay to trigger only when the truck is sitting still--as in traffic-- I should be able to fire one fan off 1 relay linked thru the IVS -{idle validation switch}...thru the A/C clutch switch.....

NO? :popcorn

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
geo-
I had the AC venting experience 10 hours into a 2.5 day run to TX a couple of years ago. The previous owner of my '92 converted the AC system to R134 and that stuff runs at a higher pressure compared to the old R12 system.
On top of that, my truck has a second strike against the AC system with the intercooler parked in front of it and it covers roughly a third of the condenser. I'll be the first to admit I don't know squat about AC, so a buddy of mime did all the work. What he came up with was another compressor cut-out switch "T"'d into the high pressure line from the compressor to the condenser and at the time, one pusher fan in front of the condenser. Well, so far so good. I have yet to have a repeat of the experience and the AC works reasonably well.;Sweet

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
you don't have a fan running when the a/c is on?

well ok then.

that's the first thing you need to do

yea...:idiot: on my part...after running w/o a fan for so long and finally getting the kinks out of my electric set up...never really gotroundtoit....like I said :idiot: on my part!

I wonder if anyone has come up with resistance values comming from the speed sensor in the rear??????? say find the given resistance value at 20 mph and build the relay/switch to engage at that known value and disconnect above either thru micro make/break switch or am I getting in over my head?----would the IVS be a nessecary connection?

Damn...my brain hurts LOL

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
geo-
I'll be the first to admit I don't know squat about AC, so a buddy of mime did all the work. What he came up with was another compressor cut-out switch "T"'d into the high pressure line from the compressor to the condenser and at the time, one pusher fan in front of the condenser. Well, so far so good. I have yet to have a repeat of the experience and the AC works reasonably well.;Sweet

Cal, I know "LESS" than that LOL

with air moving thru the condensor-regardless of direction--
when you are stopped, there is no real boost temps thru the IC....cookoo :confused:

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cal, I know "LESS" than that LOL

with air moving thru the condensor-regardless of direction--
when you are stopped, there is no real boost temps thru the IC....cookoo :confused:
the blocked airflow is the bigger issue. the '99 and up psd's have the AC condensor in front of the IC. I'm sure the brainiacs at ford had a pretty good reason to move it therecookoo

NJKen

is a daddy!
Reaction score
I wonder if anyone has come up with resistance values comming from the speed sensor in the rear??????? say find the given resistance value at 20 mph and build the relay/switch to engage at that known value and disconnect above either thru micro make/break switch or am I getting in over my head?----would the IVS be a nessecary connection?

You would need a trigger that can be set to respond to a square wave for that. It could be built. Start looking through the allied electronics cat;Sweet
PS, I like how you changed the caption under your avatar to "spider bait". You just cant make up stuff like that :rotflmao :rotflmao
Ken

NJKen

is a daddy!
Reaction score
Upon further reflection, you just need to set up a high pressure fan switch. If you are moving and have airflow the pressure will no be high enough to trip the high side switch and turn on the fan. Big equipment uses a high side switch to trip the air clutch on the fan.
Ken

JLDickmon

Bo Duke
Reaction score
the COOL thing to do, would be to cob up a two-speed fan for it.. run it on low when the road speed drops below about 20mph, switch it to high when pressure hits like 350lbs (kinda like Chrysler does on their cars)

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score

JOAT is your man........ he was working that very issue on his rig and I'll be damned if I can think of why he was doing it but........ it might be this very issue cuz I think he went electric on the fans too.

Go to SDD and drop him a note geo, he's been infrequently active at the site and I thinks its due to job constraints.

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
JOAT is your man........

HE's the other electronic guru besides Darryl I was trying to think of...:thanks: Mike! I'll hit him up ;Sweet

NJKen and Bear....help a bumbazz out....high side press switch on newer Chryslers....got any year parameters/ part#'s?

Fortunately, the Tarus fans I used are both capable of 2 speeds.....one of the reasons I went with them besides the size of the shroud/brkts.

mannn.....it sux having the time being un-employed----just don't have the extra $$$$ to

play with :frustrate

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
the COOL thing to do, would be to cob up a two-speed fan for it.. run it on low when the road speed drops below about 20mph, switch it to high when pressure hits like 350lbs (kinda like Chrysler does on their cars)

That is the reason I'm "trying" to sync the road speed sensor {digital} ....this electric stuffs hurts my brain LOL cookoo