IT'S UGLY BUT...

rubberfish

Reaction score
Looks OK to me. :thumbsup: Not perfect, but going
to be a good deal for someone. And ya, lose the
bumper. Maybe Aussie Dave could use it though. :D

ProjResponder

Reaction score
Here's my question; since I'm looking for and IDI with which to do an engine swap, what would need to be done to the motor before dropping it in my truck? I assume a complete rebuild... yes/no?

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Here's my question; since I'm looking for and IDI with which to do an engine swap, what would need to be done to the motor before dropping it in my truck? I assume a complete rebuild... yes/no?

You could rebuild it if you wanted, but truth be told, if it ran good I would just swap it in ;Sweet. And yes, its a turbo IDI, has the block with the turbo rods ;Sweet.

suv7734

Reaction score
And yes, its a turbo IDI, has the block with the turbo rods ;Sweet.

Are you sure Justin? The "Turbo Diesel" badging I believe was also used on the PSD in '94. I'm just curious because being a '94 with a 5 speed it theoretically could be the first of the PSDs...
Wish there was a pic of under the hood.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Are you sure Justin? The "Turbo Diesel" badging I believe was also used on the PSD in '94. I'm just curious because being a '94 with a 5 speed it theoretically could be the first of the PSDs...
Wish there was a pic of under the hood.

The exhaust looks to small to be a PSD, they came with 3.5", that looks more like 3", which I'm pretty sure came on the factory turbo's.

Other than that, if its a PSD just out of the blue, then that truck is worth even more, and you got a steal on it.

Shadetreemechanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
THey used that badge throughout 94, early in the turbo idi's, and later in the PSDs.
The vin is posted and using that you can determine the engine. Unfortunately I don't remember which number tells.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
I don't think the front end is weighted down so much as the rear end has some serious overload springs on it.
Heck, I'd love to have that front bumper, You could have a barn dance on that thing while working on the engine :D

sootman73

Reaction score
The exhaust looks to small to be a PSD, they came with 3.5", that looks more like 3", which I'm pretty sure came on the factory turbo's.

Other than that, if its a PSD just out of the blue, then that truck is worth even more, and you got a steal on it.

actually the idi's were done more of an injustice as my truck came with 2.5" on it! hell my gmc with the 6.2l came with 3"! how crappy is that?

i asked him to upload a pic of the motor. we'll see if he does.

Cat_Rebel

Does not compute
Reaction score
I don't think the front end is weighted down so much as the rear end has some serious overload springs on it.
Heck, I'd love to have that front bumper, You could have a barn dance on that thing while working on the engine :D

I agree, he probley used it to pull large goosenecks & needed the extra springs. I like the bumper but then again I love over built truck armor! :D
I am thinking it's a PSD but I could be wrong, your forgetting that if he took it to a muffler shop they probley did a 3" exhaust on it. Most places you call up won't do 3.5" or larger. I see Dodge Cummins all the time with little 2.5" - 3" pipes.