It's not an injector.

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It seems to like a little more finesse then just stomp/switch/release. The last several months I have been working on matching the engine/vehicle speed better. I will most likely go with a south bend conversion set.

My truck started shifting poorly one day and I was horrified how destroyed the bushing on the pedal was, so take a look it might be a simple fix. I got a deal on a SMF so I spent the money on the good bushing and a kevlar clutch disk and I would never go back. More holding force with far less clutch effort.

Sycostang67

Scooty Puff Junior
Reaction score
My truck started shifting poorly one day and I was horrified how destroyed the bushing on the pedal was, so take a look it might be a simple fix. I got a deal on a SMF so I spent the money on the good bushing and a kevlar clutch disk and I would never go back. More holding force with far less clutch effort.

All that stuff is in good order, I had to replace all my clutch hydraulics and that bushing a few months ago. Unfortunately it's just how I am used to shifting since I've had gassers my whole life. Maybe it's the play in the DMF that makes me think I'm doing it wrong. I guess I will find out after I replace it.

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
It is rotational play, didn't detect and front/back movement. The truck has 133k miles and I found 5th wheels holes under the bed liner. I will also admit I haven't really been doing a great job of shifting since I got this truck. It seems to like a little more finesse then just stomp/switch/release. The last several months I have been working on matching the engine/vehicle speed better. I will most likely go with a south bend conversion set. The gear noise wont bother me since my last truck had a 460/ZF and I heard it quite well, but it didn't echo off of my surroundings.

I will double check the injector lines since I need to change my o-rings again, probably pull my injectors as well to clean bores since I noticed 3 of them were leaking past the copper rings.

?? And You wonder why Your rig is making noise??

Sycostang67

Scooty Puff Junior
Reaction score
I had several of my old injectors leak past the washers and it didn't make any noise. Up top the motor sounds good, the noise is coming from under the truck.

I thought I did a darn good job of cleaning the bores before I installed the new injectors, apparently it wasn't good enough(story of my life). I think I may procure a seat reamer this time though.

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
The DMF is there to dampen the effects of the violent combustion process of the diesel engine. Your just aggravating it more with an ill running engine. The longer the DMF has to absorb those added shocks, the shorter it's life expectancy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jorge140

Members online