Its alive! with pics. and Is this wastegated?

jlwoods99

Reaction score
I'd previously asked if my Banks sidewinder was wastegated or not so here is some pics also of the carrier fuel pump with a low fuel level. Seems to run good, still cranking alot to start.
You must be registered for see images attach

Hopefully this works

Jim

jlwoods99

Reaction score
A couple more pics.

It needs some body work and a new rear fuel tank, I pulled it out and am waiting for some cash to do it.

Jim

jlwoods99

Reaction score
I don't know if you can see it but the banks air filter doesn't seal on the filter to plastic housing either from front or the back side.

Jim

jlwoods99

Reaction score
Thats my brand new Champion, I bought it out of Phoenix on Ebay for $229 free shipping. It was packaged with bubble wrap completely around it and styrofoam surrounding that.

Jim

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Thats a Banks wastegated sidewinder turbo and it has the correct filter. But it isn't centered properly in the housing. Watch the glow plug controller wire harness. Its really close to the hot turbo exhaust...

jlwoods99

Reaction score
Thanks, I'll see if I can move it. The filter rubber seal barely goes on the CDR housing/ adapter. The rubber is extremely stiff, I thought I'd get a replacement. Does it have to be a Banks part or will someone else have a correct replacement?

Thanks!

Jim

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
For a proper replacement filter that actuallt fits give S&B in ontario Ca a call. They have a great website that tells you how to measure and diesgn your filter. I had them make two filter for my Banks setup just like what you have. I will measure what I had them make... Mine was really expensive for the two filters. They wanted the Banks filter I loaned them to design from....:eek::sly I was going to just throw the Banks filter away so I guess I made a good deal that day. I really don't know what the per filter cost would be. They offer any design you want. Just tell them the demensions and it made for you... Can'r be any easier. Our filters are supposed to be the same as what the Jeep cherracoi uses. Sad that I can't spell that jeep word...

Reaction score
FYI, that filter is a K&N unit but has a Banks PN. It is still available from Banks. I bought mine from Jegs. On Banks' website, you can still find the owner's manual for this kit. It'll have the filter PN.

Mine was the exact same way, to the point where I couldn't even get the filter boot over the housing because the rubber had shrunk and was stiff as a board. The brand new filter went on super smooth and fits like a glove, nicely sealing up against the front of the filter housing.

Not cheap ($50 IIRC), but should last a while.

Mike

Last edited:
Reaction score
Found it for you. Banks 41506. Remember, that is a Banks PN, NOT K&N's!

Mike

PS - dunno if it is just my computer, but your pics in your second and third post are not working.

Last edited: