Issues with starting

Farmer Rock

just a fella' without a 10mm socket
Reaction score
When you're cranking and it won't start do you get any white smoke out of the exhaust? I'm wondering if fuel is draining back and I'm assuming you still have the stock mechanical fuel pump. Pretty sure IF fuel was draining back then that would also suck some air in. Just some pre-coffee brainstorming.
You are right,if the fuel drains back it is caused by air intrusion.
No I did not, didn’t want to make that mistake, I absolutely hate to think it’s that injection pump, maybe it is air intrusion I just could not see air intrusion being a problem warm but not cold
if it was air intrusion,it would still start right up when hot,because the fuel is still in the lines.It takes a little while for the fuel to drain back,usually overnight.So it would only affect you when the engine is cold,because that gives it time to back drain.This sounds like more of a timing issue.

Rock

FordFlatbed93

Reaction score
That’s what I’m leaning towards, it’s a factory turbo if that helps any, I may retard the timing just a touch.

FordFlatbed93

Reaction score
Which maybe this isn’t anything but I’m noticing the turbo isn’t as responsive at the 1500-2000 range, whereas before this truck would always spool about 1200 and be wound up ready to go into the 2000 range. This is making me think I’m still too advanced. I am also getting a good little bit of black smoke getting on the interstate. Not a crazy amount but a little amount.

flatwoods

Reaction score
I have timing capabilities in Central Kentucky that hasn't been used yet, if you wanted to make the drive up here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Staff online

Members online