ip goin...how long?

RockinB

Reaction score
I need to do the water thing to start when hot. How often / long can I do this. I need to make several stops this weekend, can I be reasonably sure it will continue to start? I usually drive to work then home 9 hours later and isn't an issue. I don't have time for replacement until Thanksgiving week. What's anybody think?
Thanks,
Bill

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
there are no crystal balls that will tell us how much life is left in mechanical parts. I would say you are already on borrowed time - typically it takes about 4 hours to change one out if you haven't done it before, only an hour or so if you have done one before.

RockinB

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. $800.00 from NAPA next day. Any other ideas for quick delivery to the sticks?

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. $800.00 from NAPA next day. Any other ideas for quick delivery to the sticks?

:eek:

MWFI has fast delivery times. I've ordered from them and had it there next day when I get home from work.

sassyrel

Reaction score
and---you can use the water trick quite a few times--been there--old 6.9-----

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$800 is way too much to pay for a pump I would say you should be able to replace all of your injectors and the pump as well. Just a new pump should be $250-500 plus core. charges. You are on borrowed time there is just no telling how long it will last.

GREASE FIRE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you can get a rebuilt one for about $300 at accuratediesel.com.

btw i drove for almost a year on a pump with the same problem - but i was running mostly wvo and it ran perfect on wvo, only diesel was there any problems. eventually i had to start blending wvo in with the diesel (you would also try wmo) until finally it would not start even on the blend. But it would start on 100% wvo (summer) right until the day i pulled it.

Paul

Shadetreemechanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been running a pump like that for 15k It hasn't hot started on straight diesel in two summers, but as long as I blend with wvo it works. It is now giving cold start problems and I have bought another pump, but I would blend and not worry about it leaving you stranded.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online