introducing myself

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That would be my bad [emoji113]

Oh so your the guy who is responsible for all that turbo carnage huh :backoff. JK. Russ aka typ4 rebuilt that 088 for me that you used to have but it was completely trashed. It needed a hot side/cold side turbine along with a new shaft. Looked like a glowplug tip or some other foreign piece of metal went thru the hot side turbine and mangled it up beyond repair. The cold side turbine showed poor air filtration damage as well. It was in rough condition but he was able to rebuild the entire turbo for me and it works great now. Thanks again Russ.
PLEASE make sure you guys are running a good air filtration system! It will save your expensive turbo and engine

Fasterthanyou925

Reaction score
Oh so your the guy who is responsible for all that turbo carnage huh :backoff. JK. Russ aka typ4 rebuilt that 088 for me that you used to have but it was completely trashed. It needed a hot side/cold side turbine along with a new shaft. Looked like a glowplug tip or some other foreign piece of metal went thru the hot side turbine and mangled it up beyond repair. The cold side turbine showed poor air filtration damage as well. It was in rough condition but he was able to rebuild the entire turbo for me and it works great now. Thanks again Russ.
PLEASE make sure you guys are running a good air filtration system! It will save your expensive turbo and engine
Yeah, I wasn't very knowlageable on diesels at that point, and just ran it, started it on ether ect w/o knowing better. Finally the GP's gave up then the injectors ALL started leaking at once so I sold it to Jason. oops... And that motor had a ghetto custom K&N wet setup on it...again, didn't know better

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm still dialing in the truck, its only got 39k factory so I have time to swap them in.

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I wasn't very knowlageable on diesels at that point, and just ran it, started it on ether ect w/o knowing better. Finally the GP's gave up then the injectors ALL started leaking at once so I sold it to Jason. oops... And that motor had a ghetto custom K&N wet setup on it...again, didn't know better

K&N filters are known for poor filtration characteristics. I had one on a 98 GMC pickup and couldn't believe all the dirt/oil buildup on the throttle body butterfly. I am currently running a dry flow AEM filter and am pleased with how well it filters out dust particles. I had a cheap spectre filter (K&N also makes spectre) on my rig when I made my custom air intake system for the 088. Brian aka Idioit called me shortly after to find out that his spectre filter was letting in massive amounts of dirt into his intake manifold. I immediately changed filters and am glad that I did. Thx again Brian. You saved me another costly turbo rebuild by informing us about the problems with those filters.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger