introducing myself

FastestIdIinthe707

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello, my names Jason and I'm new here to oilburners. I got a 1984 f-250 that was my grandpas old truck, it started off as a 2wd with a 6.9 idi and a automatic. ive swapped a dana 60 under it and a 4 speed in it for a while until i wanted more power.... i'm still finishing up a 1994 7.3 idi and a zf5 swap. got it running and needs a fuel pump... I have yet to order one but will soon. so glad to be on here now, ive had alot of questions about the IdI's and always had to figure it out the hard way until now.;Sweet

Attachments

• IMG_2420.jpg
    IMG_2420.jpg
    829.5 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_2007.jpg
    IMG_2007.jpg
    458.6 KB · Views: 29
  • turbo 280.jpg
    turbo 280.jpg
    737.8 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:

sjwelds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome.

Pics.

Inside pics. outside pics. underhood pics.

You know, pics.

Says the one who doesn't have a single pic of his own rig..................

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad you became a member Jason! You will find 24/7 help and support here on OB. We got a good group of members that are always willing to take time out of their busy lives to help another out.
BTW, the truck looks even better in person. I bought Jason's 088 ATS from him last December. Very nice rig and thx again for the turbo ;Sweet!

FastestIdIinthe707

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea thanks again for telling me to join. yea sorry that kit was in such bad shape the guy before me beat the truck it was on and i ran it till it gave up. glad you got it rebuilt and working good for you! ;Sweet

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea thanks again for telling me to join. yea sorry that kit was in such bad shape the guy before me beat the truck it was on and i ran it till it gave up. glad you got it rebuilt and working good for you! ;Sweet

Hey, that's the beauty of a rebuild kit! I would have gotten it rebuilt regardless of the shape it was in. Still can't believe I'm seeing 11 psi boost under WOT unloaded. Seems to be doing great so I'm happy with it

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
nice lookin rig!
im running a bull moose, mister injectors, and i have a 093 being rebuilt with a WW2
im anxious also
altho i dont expect 20 psi, but my EGT's should drop considerably.

what gears you got in that badboy?

alot of locals are showin up here..
pretty rad... gonna have to do a BBQ soon.....

FastestIdIinthe707

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nice man, im gonna go with the junior moose because i don't have a inter cooler and i only have Delphi BB injectors. i was gonna get the ww but i found a ww2 so im gonna get that. the more air the better. and im running 3 54's at the moment, want to do 4:10's eventually but haven't gotten around to it. where are u from?

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nice man, im gonna go with the junior moose because i don't have a inter cooler and i only have Delphi BB injectors. i was gonna get the ww but i found a ww2 so im gonna get that. the more air the better. and im running 3 54's at the moment, want to do 4:10's eventually but haven't gotten around to it. where are u from?

You will definitely want 4:10's when you do the sled pulls. Fuel mileage may go down a little but overall towing and pulling will be a much better experience.

FastestIdIinthe707

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea i want 4:10's. its on the list. the axles i got out of a 86 f350 that was a old quarry beater truck and it had 3:54s with a 4 speed and i used the 4 speed behind my 6.9 so i left the gear ratio. but i could only take off in first for the truck pulls and couldn't get enough speed going to do well.

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stockton for hydro
Oakley for idiot
me just over the hill from ya

Fasterthanyou925

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Looks nearly identical to my old 84 4-speed with an ATS. Sold it to a guy in your neck of the woods...Santa rosa to be exact...doh looks like I sold it to fastidlin for a parts truck! Small world...