Intercooler

forcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 99 7.3 IC I will sell for $200. I got it for my truck but just seems like too much fabing with little room left over for me. Its been pressure tested to 35 psi and is all aluminum housing. Let me know?

Radcam

Reaction score
Ottoparts I had no cooling issues what so ever. That was running with the ac all summer long, and we get pretty darn hot around here in the summer.

I didn't do any heavy towing though so I can't say in regards too that. I did haul a VW squareback on a car trailer in the summer heat without a problem, and we have some good sized hills around here.

tractorman86

Reaction score
I have a 99 7.3 IC I will sell for $200. I got it for my truck but just seems like too much fabing with little room left over for me. Its been pressure tested to 35 psi and is all aluminum housing. Let me know?

man i sure wish i was closer, i would buy it in a hurry! shipping to AZ aught to be rediculous!

Ottoparts

Whoa, that was fun!
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your input. Forcefed, Thanks for the offer, I'm currently working on one local. But out of curiosity, is yours all aluminum or does it have the plastic side tanks?

Ottoparts

Whoa, that was fun!
Reaction score
I do not know if they are any better or worse. I would think that they have the potiential of craping out long before the all aluminum one would. Thus is why I am looking at an all aluminum one. It odd, but weith what little looking I've done, prices for both styles seem to be the same.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
I do not know if they are any better or worse. I would think that they have the potiential of craping out long before the all aluminum one would. Thus is why I am looking at an all aluminum one. It odd, but weith what little looking I've done, prices for both styles seem to be the same.

The all aluminum ones will cool better IMHO, just seems like plastic wouldnt cool as good as the aluminum ones would. I think the aluminum ones where in a 99-01 or something, and then the plastic ones came on after that.

forcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its all aluminum. No plastic and all the fins are straight. If I do not sell it I will eventually put it on my truck but I'm in no hurry to do right now. I can get a quote from ups but it might cost more for shipping because I'll have to pack it with lots of foam or something to keep it from getting damaged. But I couldn't see it costing more than $50 to ship. Let me know and I'll take some pics tomorrow. I got to head to a ball game tonight and a track meet.

JPR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you have the same grill as mine so it should fit even with the a/c condenser. I did had to shave a lot off the back of the grill, but I mounted the i/c a safe distance from the condenser. If you look at the squares openings in the grill, there is a mold parting line about half way back, that is where I trimmed the grill.

The vertical support that mounts from the bottom of the radiator support to the hood latch also has to be cut below the latch. I added a piece of angle cross to the top for support of the hood latch.

The i/c is mounted to the radiator support not to the frame. photos here

Cheaper Jeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been reading a lot about water/methanol injection on the Mercedes Benz and turbo sites lately, and for the bang for the buck, I think I'd go that route before I would install an intercooler.

You get a lot more cooling of the air charge (up to 30* below ambient air temp) without adding any intake restriction - and you can turn it on and off when you want to....

tuckerd1

WAR DAMN EAGLE!
Reaction score
Umm... because it's $1700 dollars! LOL

LOL LOL But it should fit disregarding the cost. Might not fit your pocket book. I looked at their website and the reg. price was $1445 with a discount taken off that at purchase.

Did you see the prices of a 12x30x3 IC at Bell? $771 retail for the IC alone. May save some from one of their dealers.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online