Intercooler Install.......

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Hmmm..... I checked the throttle cable, it didn't look disturbed, but what can I do to adjust it? '

If for some reason it is the turbo..... the guy would redo it again, but I dont believe this to be the case.......... Ok I believe the leak is coming from under the turbo, where the 2 bolts hold it down (the pedestal i believe) That seems like the only culprit...... so this from what your saying russ, would be the "o ring" and not the grommit, correct?

When they use an O ring to seal on a turbo, they have a bad habit of springing leaks, not just on these critters either, but on just about any engine with that setup. If you want to save some future aggravation, what I always do whan installing those things is get them real good and clean with acetone ( finger nail polish remover ) and coat the new o ring and both mating surfaces Hylomar ( note, not the stuff sold under the permatex brand that's still floating around in a few places, you want the racing formula or the aero formula, if you orderred a tube from BSR you'd probably get it in 2 days as close as you are I usually get it in 3) If you coat both the pedestal and the turbo side do the whole flange and then pop that sucker together you will eliminate all possible variables on that joint for leaks ;Sweet

4x4TruckinGirl

"Cowgirl"
Reaction score
Hmm.... okay im gunna check the cable when i get home (im in kentucky again, haha) and check out the o ring if i can do it myself, I will..... Might need some help but ill post up what goes on.... you guys are the best!

FordGuy100

Reaction score
OK.....o-rings......grommits......I knew what I was talking about :D. So yes, disregard whatever I said before, its the o-ring in between the turbo and pedistal that might be causing the problems. I'm sorry you have to go digging in there and messing with the turbo to fix that....I dont wish that crap on anybody LOL. Last time I did it I was in an unheated shop when it was 20* outside....talk about cold (for around here :D). All I know is those two nuts on the bottom of the turbo are the biggest pain in the ****.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin

Members online