Integral fuel heater

pwrdbyidi

Reaction score
Does anyone have the IH part # for the fuel heater element for a 1990 7.3? I got it apart and replaced the o-ring but it is still leaking from the terminal itself.

IH sure doesn't make it easy to do business with them. Once you mention FORD they practically hang up on you!

Thanks in advance.

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IH sure doesn't make it easy to do business with them. Once you mention FORD they practically hang up on you!

Must be a left coast thing;Poke .

I was just getting prices from IH today for my 2000 F-350 and had no problem. They can't look up Ford specificly but can look up parts for the T444 & T444E, all you need is the year and serial number of the engine, don't even have to tell them it's in a Ford.

gabbyr100rs

Reaction score
I got the following part numbers for a IH 7.3L engine for a U-Haul from Nally Motor Trucks (IH/Navistar Dealer) in the Atlanta area. Talked to them like I had a 91 former UHaul van.

The fuel heater "package" part number is 1816602C91.

Their part number for the O ring that fits on the connector insulator where it protrudes thru the top of the fuel filter assembly is 1811053C1.

Good luck.

Mr_Roboto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've never had problems at International, I just tell em I have an XX year 6.9 or 7.3 IDI in a Ford and they look up the parts...

Keep in mind that a few parts are added by Ford, and some are Ford specific. So you have to make sure you tell em it's a Ford.