Installing a Bronco Tank

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I also did a lot of searching for "diesel" compatatble tanks for my project truck. Called and talked with lots of folks. There are no differences in the tanks. No one makes gas only or diesel only tanks. It's just a myth that got started from somewhere. When you think about it, why would Ford, Chevy, and Dodge use different tank material for diesel and gASS? cookoo Just like a lot of parts on our trucks.............most are interchangable between diesel and gas..........F150-F250. Interchangable parts are a good thing. :D

Heath

Last edited:

rthomas

Reaction score
hi all its been a while, thought id bring this one back from the dead with my own problem. it seems my tsv has gone bad, so im thinking of going to the larger tank and eliminating the front tank altogether, i cant decide if i want the 38 gal or the 31 (not a bronco tank) with the 31 i could still mount the spare under it allbeit 4" lower. i know 31 sounds small but most of my fillups are 26-28 gal anyways. thoughts? BTW does anyone remember who has the 31 gal tank? iir it fit 87'+ and was designed with the spare in mind, thanks-russ

rthomas

Reaction score
i found the 31 gal tank at transfer flow and its not much of an option for $744, so i can get the 38 for $68 plus shipping$$ or fix the tsv $203 from ford