Installed new injectors. Now...

jiggiwdit

Reaction score
Just installed new injectors from Russ. I also put in new beru's and new return lines and caps.

When I pulled the injectors I found no less than 3 different manufacturers injectors in there. 4 were leaking pretty good.

When I fired the truck up I couldnt believe how much quieter it was. It seems to be running great. The only thing is all the smoke I had is gone. It just turns a little greyish white under acceleration. Is this normal? I dont think I know what normal is. Can someone tell me.

Lee

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
That's normal. Mine runs the same way. I'll only see black smoke under good load and heavy foot! I'm sure I could turn the pump up safely, but it's getting ready to have a ton of stuff done to it, so I'll wait.

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
russ is known by his screen name type4 you can pm him through the site his injectors are a great deal cheaper than most any other place and russ will inspect and stand behind his work.

mj05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wonderin...... how do his injectors compare with moose misters? I know the misters aren't cheap.... but i'm talkin performance/economy.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just wonderin...... how do his injectors compare with moose misters? I know the misters aren't cheap.... but i'm talkin performance/economy.
they don't compare at all.
what you get from russ is stock injectors. no mods are done EXCEPT that all 8 injectors are balanced to within 100psi(or less) of each other.
what you get with moose misters is that and modified pintles for spray and volume.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
russ is known by his screen name type4 you can pm him through the site his injectors are a great deal cheaper than most any other place and russ will inspect and stand behind his work.

screen name is typ4 (no e) just in case you are looking for him.

65sixbanger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just ballpark, what does a new set of injectors run? I have 24 old ones not counting the eight in my truck, so I do have cores if that makes a difference...

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
Just ballpark, what does a new set of injectors run? I have 24 old ones not counting the eight in my truck, so I do have cores if that makes a difference...

you wouldnt get rid of one set of those used ones would ya? and when i bought mine it was around 300 dollars for the injectors and return kit, and cores are not needed cause your getting new injectors not reconditioned

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Correct. Neither Russ nor myself have any need of cores. The injectors are all new Delphi's.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ah. Then I mis spoke. I don't need cores, but then I don't sell many either. LOL