injector problems

jmitchell

Reaction score
cookoo The truck has no power untill its warm and its blowing alot of white smoke, the dealer says #3,5,8 injectors are going bad and i would want to replace all eight at once But ford wants $250 each. is ther any after market injectors i can get cheaper or does any one know what i should do?

jharvey

Shutter Bug
Reaction score
A little more info on the truck would be nice. Fill in your signature under the User CP link. Year, miles, mods so on.

These motors have a 5 year or 100k mile warranty. So hopefully you're not past either of those and Ford should fix under warranty. If you are out of warranty then I'd be giving Beans Diesel Performance a call, I believe those guys are building some injectors for our 6.0's.

tbirdfiend281

Full Access Member
Reaction score
they want to do all 8 because when you do injectors alot of times when you do the culprit injectors, in a short amount of time the other injectors will go out of it...did they make sure everything else was working alright, fuel, air induction, and the likes?

if the motor is withing 5yr/100k the injectors would be covered

jmitchell

Reaction score
The truck is a 2003 F-350 with 173,000 miles. The dealer checked it all but the only ccode was the injectors. i do plan to change all of them at once but i was hopping for a cheaper alternative. ill look at beans and see if thay are better priced
Thanks
Joe

jharvey

Shutter Bug
Reaction score
Dang, sucks you're out of the 100k warranty

I believe Bean is doing injectors for the 6.0's give him a call.....

powerboatr

Reaction score
ummm maybe they are wore out, thats pretty darn good for a system that runs that hard

my 92 idi ate em at 85k ???

tbirdfiend281

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ive heard of factory 6.0 injectors going much longer then 173k, but then others go out much before that, again i ask, is the fuel system on the truck 100%? i have seen time and time again where dealers dont replace a weak pump on a truck they just do injectors, then more injectors end up droping out, or the new injectors drop out

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7