injector nozzle rebuild kits @ pop psi scale

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
where can i find rebuild kits for injector nozzles and where can i find pop pressure chart for our nozzles
the reason i ask is that ive almost have my pop pressure tester built ;Sweet
and im wanting to play with some ideas that i have floating around in my head and if they work out then i could rebuild the cores that im trying to aquire
thanks for all the info

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
From what I gathered about pop pressures from several differant sources 1950 is what you want. This may sound kinda low for a turbo pump setup but this is what seems to really work best.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You dont want to buy tips,they cost more than a new nozzle. I was told by the shop that does mine to clean them in a good cleaner and reassemble and reset the pressure. The spray pattern is the key and they are usually really nice or really crappy.

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You dont want to buy tips,they cost more than a new nozzle. I was told by the shop that does mine to clean them in a good cleaner and reassemble and reset the pressure. The spray pattern is the key and they are usually really nice or really crappy.
Yup my new BB's all had a nice fine cone shape spray...however...my original BB's 22 years old/180,000 miles were ******* sidways, finger spray pattern, and some popped at 1500 but the darn thing ran good and 'smooth!'
>go figure.:rolleyes:

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
hey hammer down what was the thread that you posted where you tore down your injectors was that you
what was that thread called

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks guys
but how would i go about getting the pop psi back up to 1950 if i had some that popped at 1500 lets say
There are little shims/washers that increase spring pressure. I looked in several of my old injectors, only one had two shims inside. I did mic the shims(two different widths), posted them on my other thread. > link below.

Last edited:

DaytonaBill

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, where can we get the shims to adjust pop pressures?

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Consider this before rebuilding a old tired injector.
After looking inside one I can see how a fuels lubricity or lack of (ULSD) really helps or hurts these things.
If the tip is wore from age, millions and millons of cycles etc and the micro fine polished piston/bore/tip is tired/hammered simply shimming won't make for a great spray pattern.
Meaning that...I wouldn't consider 'shimming' my original BB's with 180,000 miles on them. And, by the time I purchased all new internals to rebuild...it would be more cost effective to buy new.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cheapest would be by parting out old injectors.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
720Diesel

Members online