Injector fuel lines

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
its a special nipple that sits in the injector.
if you need a new line, youre going to have to find a set, or if youre lucky enough the 1 line you need.

jose.castillo.921025

Reaction score
I was wanting to try and make some new lines but had no idea what type of flare is on the tubing.
I have some old ones I picked up from the junk yard.

1986 F350
crew cab
6.9 IDI
C6 transmission

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Basically you can't. Each line has to be the exact same length. Plus withstand a ton of pressure.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Its as posted already. Sorry I can't tell you what the flair angle is. Here is what I do know about these lines. They are a very heavy walled line. If you look in the ends you can see the opening in the lines. Compared to the outside thickness of these lines. They are very heavy and really impossible to make up. The real final thought is the actual flairs are not pressed on or installed on the line tubing. They are made as part of the parent line. I was able to grind and cut down a flair and die checked it for a seam.. There are none. The flair and the lines are one piece. These lines fit a specific cylinder and MUST be clamped together or they will crack right at the line nut to the injectors. Those clamps are actually vibration dampers to dampen the fuel pulses in the lines. The pulses are what cracks the lines. Wish I could be more positive and was able to help you make what you want. Sadly I feel you will only make trouble for your engine by making up different lines.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
These are not something one can home brew and make up on the fly due to what has already been stated.

Clean up what you ha e and run em.

If you need a set I have 5 sets 100 bucks n shipped on yer dime.