Injector copper washers - seals

lakesurfer

Reaction score
Regarding the Injector copper washers - seals: Is there a source for these alone, without buying the whole fuel return kit?

Had to temporarily remove one injector recently, and now am faced with either reusing the copper seal or spending $45 for a whole fuel return kit I'm not ready for yet. (Then, when I did need it, I'd be one washer short, having used one already).

Thanks.

austin92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pm me your address, I’ll send you some

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lakesurfer

Reaction score
Many thanks to @austin92 for mailing me some copper seals.

The question remains though, please: Where / how can I reliably source the copper washer /seal without the whole return kit? Isn't there a Mcmaster-Carr part number, or an IH part number that is compliant?

mblaney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In a pinch I have reused them. Not very scientific but I blasted them with a propane torch to (hopefully) anneal them. I didn't have any problem afterwards.

I love Mcmaster-Carr! Did you try searching their site for Metal Sealing Washers :Thumbs Up

lakesurfer

Reaction score
In a pinch I have reused them. Not very scientific but I blasted them with a propane torch to (hopefully) anneal them. I didn't have any problem afterwards.

I love Mcmaster-Carr! Did you try searching their site for Metal Sealing Washers :Thumbs Up

Ok. I'm an idiot. Actually, I did look on McMaster before posting this question, just searched by category instead of using those keywords. Great clue! Feel like the solution to the mystery is close...