Injection pump timing in ontario.

1991idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone in Ontario- preferably near hamilton- have an injection pump timing setup? I am willing to drive a bit and pay. I have 2 trucks that have had the pumps off/replaced that i would like done.

mariner45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone in Ontario- preferably near hamilton- have an injection pump timing setup? I am willing to drive a bit and pay. I have 2 trucks that have had the pumps off/replaced that i would like done.

St. Catharines has an International truck dealer and I have had my truck timed there - a long time ago. I seem to remember that they charged around $45 for the 30 mins procedure. I had mine done years ago, so it might be a little more expensive now. Sorry I can't help more than that - it might be worth giving them a call as it could end of a reasonable price given the cost of diesel fuel right now.

mariner

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You should come down to the IDI Weekend in Pennsylvania. You can get it timed for free. :sly

1991idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
St. Catharines has an International truck dealer and I have had my truck timed there - a long time ago. I seem to remember that they charged around $45 for the 30 mins procedure. I had mine done years ago, so it might be a little more expensive now. Sorry I can't help more than that - it might be worth giving them a call as it could end of a reasonable price given the cost of diesel fuel right now.

mariner

I Will give them a call, worth a try anyway since its close by.

1991idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should come down to the IDI Weekend in Pennsylvania. You can get it timed for free. :sly

Hmm, thats an idea. I need to get the one done in the next week or 2- its my brothers and has had the pump replaced so it is likely out by a bit. Mine on the other hand worked great last year and has only had the pump off and reassembled to original location, so it should be close. I think i will wait it out on mine and try make it to the IDI rally since its less than a 4 hour drive!

mariner45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I Will give them a call, worth a try anyway since its close by.

Just curious - what is the price of diesel now in Ontario (I live in BC midway between Prince George and Quesnel) - where I am it is $1.25 a litre or $5.68 an imperial gallon. I guess you would get around 16 or 17 mpg average, for your truck.

Cost to St. Catharine = $5.00 plus cost of timing
Cost to PA = 4 hours at 55 mph = 220/17 = 13 gallons @ $5.68 = $74

I guess there isn't much cost difference except the travelling time.

Just trying to be practical is all - I wish I was close enough to go to one of these rallys - absolutely nothing around where I live (real boonies).
For general interest there have been several "Bigfoot sightings" in the 1960's in this area :eek::eek::eek: !! and some in the 1980's around prince George !!! :thumbsup::thumbsup: Another topic for another time !

HTH

1991idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just curious - what is the price of diesel now in Ontario (I live in BC midway between Prince George and Quesnel) - where I am it is $1.25 a litre or $5.68 an imperial gallon. I guess you would get around 16 or 17 mpg average, for your truck.

Cost to St. Catharine = $5.00 plus cost of timing
Cost to PA = 4 hours at 55 mph = 220/17 = 13 gallons @ $5.68 = $74

I guess there isn't much cost difference except the travelling time.

Just trying to be practical is all - I wish I was close enough to go to one of these rallys - absolutely nothing around where I live (real boonies).
For general interest there have been several "Bigfoot sightings" in the 1960's in this area :eek::eek::eek: !! and some in the 1980's around prince George !!! :thumbsup::thumbsup: Another topic for another time !

HTH

Excuse to go for a long cruise in the truck- priceless ;)

I actually dont know what the cost of diesel is at right now since i havent driven the truck in a while- it gets stored for the winter (rather custom) but likely about the same as you.
On a side note i burn quite a bit of WVO as well so my fuel costs are a bit lower.
I would just enjoy getting a chance to meet the people on here that i read about and have learned so much from, not so much a cost thing.

giezy

Reaction score
I have binn to the st kitts dealer they should be able to do it for ya what kind of set up you running for WVO?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
REM70